Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bristol thieves caught on video
  • AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

We done this one yet?

Bike thieves operating in Bristol’s Cabot Circus recently had a nasty shock.

CCTV caught two incidents of thieves trying to steal from a bike stand area next to the shopping centre.

In the first video the thief literally yanks the bike off the stand but is stopped in his tracks by two covert police officers who have been watching him. He was arrested and charged to court.

The other video shows two bike thieves with tools to cut locks.

However, they were being watched by security staff who stopped them.

Both men were arrested by police and charged, with one receiving a referral order and the other was given a conditional discharge.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkS2gcBF0A&feature=related[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfydN0dLqk&feature=related[/video]

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Was the bike lock in the first video made of cheese.? Scum.

Stoner
    Free Member

receiving a referral order and the other was given a conditional discharge.

oh, goody.

Bit like those “Road wars” programmes.
    Kevin Grommet took a car, did 80 in a 30, hit a wrinkly and a kid, smashed 4 cars, caused £200,000 of damage” and got a conditional discharge
    bunch of arse.

Cut off their goolies.

racefaceec90

send those b*stards to the thunderdome 👿

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Where’s the ‘interrogation’ video? 😆

Love how their faces are blanked out, wouldn’t want to infringe upon their rights now would we? 🙄

tegski
    Free Member

Excellent job by Police and Security…pity more are not caught.
    I also like the video of thieves busted by Canadian Uni students and hammered by about 5 paintball guns – maybe they will think twice next time!

chipsngravy
    Free Member

The second bike nicked was a Claude Butler. Low lifes with very poor taste in bikes.

carbon337
    Free Member

The security guard in that second video put in a canny bursy of speed towards the end.

Credit to the good work done by the security guards there.

allthepies
    Free Member

Well good to see that the punitive justice they’ve received has probably put them off nicking bikes for life 🙄

andyl
    Free Member

Good work by Cabot Security and the Police there.

A lot of the Bristol police are keen cyclists which really helps as they know what they are looking at when seeing scrotes on them or when they recover a haul.

We got a couple of thieves on camera at work who got nabbed a week later when they were spotted on the street CCTV so the cameras do work.

Sancho
    Free Member

Its a shame all the work done by the police is undermined by the pathetic CPS and “justice” system.
    Next time the police wont bother making the effort.

But theft of a cycle in some judges eyes makes no difference between a kids £20 toy and £8000 worth of carbon uber machine.

the thief will be let off every time with a slap on the wrist.

enfht
    Free Member

Brilliant

stumpy01

Nice One!

It’s good to see something being done. Just a shame there isn’t more of a punishment to put people off doing it.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Although its rubbish the justice system can’t do more, it is refreshing to see that the thieves have no bike knowledge or taste.

MrAgreeable

Was the bike lock in the first video made of cheese.?

I’d guess it gave way due to a crappy fastening mechanism, which seems to be the weakness of a lot of otherwise decent locks. Have a look on Youtube and you’ll see some beefy cables made by the likes of Abus being picked easily.

Big slap on the back due to the police for managing to cut bike theft by nearly 10%, that’s a result in anyone’s book. Also hope they continue with the security awareness work. It’s a bit “blame the victim” but the number of bikes locked up badly with inadequate crappy cable locks is quite astonishing, when for an extra tenner you could get something that’ll defeat all but an extremely determined thief.

http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com/search/label/Cable%20Lock

edlong
    Free Member

But theft of a cycle in some judges eyes makes no difference between a kids £20 toy and £8000 worth of carbon uber machine.

And nor should it – or are you saying it’s okay to steal bikes as long as you stick to cheap / kids ones?

Taff
    Free Member

It’s a bit distressing watching someone knicking a bike even when it isn’t yours.

fisha
    Free Member

Totally agree as regards the punitive justice we have ( or lack of it )

[quote]
    And nor should it – or are you saying it’s okay to steal bikes as long as you stick to cheap / kids ones? [/quote]

I agree that low value thefts shouldn’t be played down, but the value of the a theft should be considered as an aggravating factor if the value is high.

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

Always wanted to leave a ‘bait’ bike with no brakes at the top of one of Sheffield’s hills….

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

A colleague of mine at LTSB had his bike knicked whilst the thief was being observed by an undercover cop last week! It was locked up outside Canons House and the policeman left it slightly too long before trying to arrest the scrote….he rode off on the £3k carbon racer quicker than the copper could run. My mate isnt impressed obviously.

TiRed

The boy who stole my son’s bike is sentenced on Thursday. I’m expecting £1 per month for the next 30 years as compensation. 🙄

edlong
    Free Member

And nor should it – or are you saying it’s okay to steal bikes as long as you stick to cheap / kids ones?

I agree that low value thefts shouldn’t be played down, but the value of the a theft should be considered as an aggravating factor if the value is high.

I don’t agree, but I do think impact on the victim should be a factor. In many cases that could be the converse of value though – for me the impact on someone who loses a fully insured carbon wonder machine and has the opportunity to do a new build once the cheque comes through is less severe than the loss of a worthless BSO to a penniless student who relied on it as their sole means of transport.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bristol thieves caught on video’ is closed to new replies.