Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bristol royal infirmary drop off points
  • UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Any one know the BRI main entrance drop off point? Is it right outside the main entrance, on the main road (east bound lane), just by Costa? On street view it looks like it, but wanted to double check before making the journey.

scaredypants

sorry, can’t help but might help to say what you’re dropping off for – general visiting, A&E or something else ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s a bit of a ‘mare round there – very little facilities for parking etc. Do you need to be right near the door to drop off or can you handle a few minutes walk?

EDIT: main entrance is by the Costa you can see. ED round the back – you can get to ED via the entrance you’re talking about but have to take a bit of a route & lift through hospital.

peter1979
    Free Member

There is a drop off point outside the main entrance on upper maudlin Street, you can pull in a couple of places there, either into the car park area or directly at the front where there are spaces. You can also go round the back via St Michaels hill and follow it round to horfield rd where the car park is at the rear.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Ah, yes. should have said, its Zone A (410). Really looking for the closest place, as patient can’t walk far without pain.

wallop

http://www.uhbristol.nhs.uk/media/2213236/welcome_hospital_map_bristol_v6__2_.pdf

This is the site map. For zone A I’d drop off outside the main entrance, as above. There are lifts just inside the main entrance. The signage isn’t the best but they are tucked in by the M&S, leftish I think.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Cheers for all the info. One last question, I’m coming in from the east, M32, whats the best way to end up on the east bound lane of upper mauldlin st? Is down colston st, and back up lower park row an option? Or would wizzing all the way down to and round the triangle be the best?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, left down Colston street then next right, then sharp right at top (road widens at top to make right turn a bit easier). There may even be a right turn into the drop off points from Upper Maudlin Street but I can’t quite remember if that’s ambulance only or something If there isn’t, then get in the LH lane sharpish as your next left will be Colston street. 🙂

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Nice one, ta.

petefromearth

You can turn right from Upper Maudlin St into the hospital, there are a set of traffic lights at the junction, as long as your in the RH lane then you’ll be alright. No need to turn round further up.

If you’re only dropping off, you can do a little loop right there and come back out the same junction.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

You can’t do a U-turn though, you can only turn right to go into the A&E/Childrens hospital car park I think.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bristol royal infirmary drop off points’ is closed to new replies.