Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bristol roadie scene.
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Moving to Bristol in mid summer, looking to hook up with a few roadies in the area. I race A3 road a bit here in Ireland, not sure what the race scene is like there. Much of one? Wouldn’t mind doing a few races if it wasn’t too far to travel… <2 hours.
    What clubs might be good to investigate? I’m not totally sure what part of Bristol I’ll be living in yet though.

Cheers.

nemesis
    Free Member

Loads of roadies about and plenty of clubs though I’m a little out of it these days to be able to tell you which are the racier ones but Bristol Road Club and Bristol South CC spring to mind.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Thanks!Bump.

egb81
    Free Member

I know some very quick riders with Bristol South so worth checking them out.

tang
    Free Member

Roll the dice at Castle Combe Summer series!
    http://www.castlecombesummerseries.org.uk

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Is that you Mike, of 24 Hour racing fame?

Bristol has a v good scene for both road and MTB, and some vary fast riders in the area.
    Best bet drop into a few bike shops, I would start at BW cycles, I know a local club meet/start at the shop Sat/Sun rides.

mduncombe
    Free Member

Judging by the amount of roadies (I’m one of them btw) out last weekend around the Chew Valley and Mendips I would say its pretty damn popular. A bunch of racers and team cars swooped past me in Burrington Combe on Saturday. No idea who or what though.

Googled it: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/122707/Junior-Tour-of-the-Mendips-

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yep, big roadie scene here in bristol.

There’s a very fast chain gang ride that heads out on a tuesday evening from novia scotia pub which goes around the lakes. Quite a few clubs as mentioned – VC Bristol, bristol south, Bristol road.

There’s even a few ex pro’s that still ride

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Is that you Mike, of 24 Hour racing fame?

Rob R?? Yes it is 😆 .

I’ll be based there from mid June onward.

Thanks for the tips! Would be nice to try a few races in and around there.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

yep it is I! also don’t forget Bristol bikefest octoberfest for the MTB endurance.

Drop us a email when you over and settled in, I not far from Bristol etc.

egb81
    Free Member

Judging by the amount of roadies (I’m one of them btw) out last weekend around the Chew Valley and Mendips I would say its pretty damn popular.

Yep, the Mendips were alive with the sound of freewheels and bleeping Garmins on the weekend. Beast of a headwind back to Bristol though. Looking forward to getting out around Rowberrow on the mtb as well soon.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bristol roadie scene.’ is closed to new replies.