Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bristol – local knowledge please
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

Trinity Centre

I'm going to a gig tomorrow at the trinity centre. I'm borrowing a van with "world class hi-fi" plastered all over it. Is it likely to be safe in that area (and can I park there ok), or are there any multi story car parks open until midnight that I can use?

Cheers,

Rich

clubber
    Free Member

It's not a great area though probably realistically no worse than any general city centre type area so you can probably decide the risk for yourself.

You're actually not far from the new Cabot Circus (shopping mall) car park so that might be an option as it's well lit and busy with people going to the cinema, etc though I don't know how late it's open.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cabot+circus+car+park

24hr parking according to that.

backhander
    Free Member

Agree that Cabot CP would be the best idea.
    The Trinity centre can be a magnet for dodgy types.

Moses

I'd guess that Old Market will be OK to park on as it's a busy road, the side-streets not so great. But car and bicycle crime is rare here.

😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What clubber said…use the Chavot Circus car park. Just off the M32, doddle to find. Enjoy. Who you seeing?

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Bicycle crime rare in Bristol ???? !

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I'm thinking Moses was being too clever by half 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

Lol, I am a dodgy type I guess!

Cheers for the info.

backhander
    Free Member

I'd guess that Old Market will be OK

That's just mean. You could have suggested that he visits the bars and clubs along there too. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You could have suggested that he visits the bars and clubs along there too.

[snigger] Yeah, great idea 🙂

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member
    AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Trinity an interesting venue btw, 1st ever Faithless gig there, about 20 of us in the audience!

enjoy the F***buttons

CountZero

FWIW, Rich, if you get to the Trinity in plenty of time, there is a fair amount of parking in the venue's grounds. Every time I've been there I've parked there. I'd suggest an hour to be on the safe side. You can always go check out a pub, there are a couple that seem reasonable further down in Old Market, although I've never tried any of them. I always hang around by the doors so I can grab a decent spot down the front.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bristol – local knowledge please’ is closed to new replies.