Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bristol is the best place in the world and all bristolians are wonderful!
  • funhover
    Free Member

Ahem

Your oman correspondent is staying in Bristol for a few days :-)(on business :cry:) later this week.

Where would you recommend to hire a bike?

Any route advice?

Marko

Can't think of anyone that does bike hire in Bristol. The Giant super store has a large range of demo bikes. I think they charge you and refund you if you buy the bike.

If you are a short arse you can borrow my Reign X, or the Mrs might lend you her Orange 5.

As for riding, it will depend on the weather and your time. Ashton Court/Leigh woods if it's dry and you have limited time. The Mendips or the Forest of Dean if you have a bit more time. If it's wet and you have a day off, it has to be the Quantocks.
    Hth
    Marko

clubber
    Free Member

AC/LW were moist this morning to say the least! Best bet will be to find a stwer who'll lend you a bike and show you the way. Height would be useful then!

I'll post this thread on to some mates too.

loddrik
    Free Member

I am sure you are right, but that bloody accent, my god it's horrendous..

KINGTUT
    Free Member

all bristolians are wonderful!

We haven't met have we..

Elaborate clubber, I'm on my over in a bit is it somme like? Or just surface water?

clubber
    Free Member

It's wet with plenty of puddles. Perfectly rideable and fun just messy.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Cool, should be fun with dry tyres on.

clubber
    Free Member

It was – I only have one set of tyres for the swift 🙂

Actually it's really just wet so it's perfectly ok with them.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I'll keep an eye on the roots me thinks.

funhover
    Free Member

Thanks

I wont take you up on the offer of a bike. I'm afraid I am a bit of a fat hand. I dont want to have anyone else looking at me with that look of slight disappointment/hidden frustration when I have accidentally displaced a vital part of their bike.

Is it still raining? Has it stopped since August 2008?

Mud Dock have some demo bikes what're they like as an lbs?

Phototim
    Free Member

mud dock have a medium scott genius and a large trek fuel. They may have others but those are the ones I've used. They'll cost you £20 to take out.

clubber
    Free Member

Mud Dock are the Apple of the LBS world. Make of that what you will.

cheers_drive

Style over substance? 😉

backhander
    Free Member

Mud dock sucks IMO.

nickegg
    Free Member

Are Mud Dock that bad really? I applied for a job there but didn't get it, BIKE gave me a job instead 8)

Edric64
    Free Member

Bristol Rovers fans are wonderful people ,but the lot from South of the river well….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bristol is the best place in the world and all bristolians are wonderful!’ is closed to new replies.