Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bristol folk: Anyone loan me a bike bag?
  • wenanwhere
    Free Member

Hi Folks,

I’m off to the world 24 champs in California in a few weeks time and am in need of a bike bag to fit the steed in. I’ve got access to one that only just about fits my 29er but isn’t very padded or stable when rolling, tyres have to be fully deflated which isn’t great with light tyres and tubeless. It needs to be on wheels so the Mrs can wheel it whilst I carry the other in a box. As we’re travelling around a fair bit it would be really helpful if it was a good sturdy one like a posh evoc or chain reaction copy.

Having spoffed the savings on the trip already I was hoping not to have to buy one for a one off trip.

Can anyone help me out? Payment in Beer and love ( the latter in spirit not actual body contact although I might stretch to a hug)

email in profile

cheers

Matt

rp16v
    Free Member

I think bike box.com is based in portishead failing that can probably hook you up with a good size bike box

rene59
    Free Member

Gaffer tape a skateboard to a bike box.

One each.

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Have looked at the skateboard option but we’re limited on weight as using bike bags as our main luggage otherwise its £110 each to take them separately. Skateboards would add a few kg I reckon

tang
    Free Member

I’ve got a crateworks box you can borrow. It bought a 29r or two back from the states!
    http://www.crateworks.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=crateworks&Product_Code=Pro_XLC
    This one.
    I’m in Nailsworth just up the road.
    No wheels but it’s light and tough.

andyrm
    Free Member

Should be able to help you here – got an Evoc and based in Bristol.

I’m off to Finale to race the EWS final in a few weeks so provided dates don’t clash, its yours!

Email in profile 🙂

Andy

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Wow thanks everyone for being awesome! Been in touch with tang and sorted a box out. Andy thanks for the kind offer but we leave 26th September so clashes I think so still could do with a wheels one ideally

wrecker
    Free Member

I have a CRC one. It’s basic but it does the job. North bristol if you still want one. I lent it out to someone on here before!
    I think it’s this one;

TexWade
    Free Member

Have a wheeled chain reaction one – I live in portishead.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bristol folk: Anyone loan me a bike bag?’ is closed to new replies.