Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 287 total)
  • Bring back rudeboy – please
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well I know some hate him but he did liven the place up and was IMO much less offensive than many on here.

would folk please post yes or no?

( how long afore this is pulled or I'm banned??)

Pook

meh – not bothered either way, but lately this place has got a bit stale.

surfer
    Free Member

Yes, bring him back, We seldom agreed but he was good value.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, me too. I miss the badger.

cynic-al
    Free Member

To me the "Im not a racist, but…" posters should have been banned well before RB.

I agree, bring him back. But it's the mod's site and I guess they want it to get advertising etc rather than be a hotbed of stupid humour and political bedate.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, me too. I miss the badger.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes, great fun for the spectators.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And if one person had to be removed to make space…

G
    Free Member

Ditto all of the above

juan
    Free Member

To me the "Im not a racist, but…" posters should have been banned well before RB.

Yup endless list of them.
    Bring him back…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another vote to bring the unwashed little oik back here!

Smee
    Free Member

Bring him back. He is like me, simply misunderstood a lot.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oh yeah. Bring him back.
    I have to say this because I know him well and he's probbly reading this…
    😀

He's just a shouty bloke. All bark no bite. It's a pity because I think people gave him stick knowing he'd bire and get banned

I don't think there's anybody that needs to be removed, actually.

vinnyeh

Thought he was good value. Rudeboy was nowhere near as offensive as the Fred Dibnah incarnation though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I do agree it's a bit boring here right now. I don't post anywhere near as much as I used to.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I was bored of his rants, he was becoming too predictable to humour me any more and I didn't like his general thought process so I'm not too worried he's gone, but I wouldnt hold anything against him, I just dont think he added much. Not that I'm any better, I'm just voicing my "no".

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Another vote here too

surfer
    Free Member

I don't think there's anybody that needs to be removed, actually

I can think of one and it takes a lot to seriously wind me up!

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

What did he do? Did he get banned?

finbar
    Free Member

Tick, bring him back please.

mt
    Free Member

only stupid people would want him back, got real sick of him calling people stupid who did not agree with him. ooops!

Was just thinking the other day that the forum was getting a little dull, what with the knee jerk reactions of the white liberal, middle aged, middle class guardian/mail reading ranting apologists that can't maintain a good argument, it's about time wudeboy was back. Supose we could then run a book on how long it will be before he's band again.

Suspect that some of the state employed guardian readers are missing the heavy argument artillary that wudeboy provided.

PJ266
    Free Member

Is this the equivalent rudeboy fan club?? 😉

surfer
    Free Member

He could be irritating and sometime marginally rude but I never found him offensive and we had some sparing.
    The acid test is could you hold the same debate if you were standing next to him at the bar (it is the rule I always try to adhere to) and the answer was yes.
    Friendly banter and disagreements is how I would categorise my dealings with him. Other may have had different experiences.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I can think of one and it takes a lot to seriously wind me up!

Ohh, do tell!

enfht
    Free Member

Do I miss his judgeMENTAL posts, or his holier than thou opinions, or the RB "World View", or his nasty snide remarks bordering on the abusive, or his "I'm not a violent person but…" posts, **** me no

Do I miss him constantly pulling the wool over non-London STW's eyes at how wonderful the NuLabour's London Social Experiment has worked, no I don't

Do I miss him accusing everyone of racism if they disagree with the bollox he spouted, no

Do I miss being amazed at how much one person can spend on STW, giving his two pence worth to every question under the sun, grudgingly yes

He did have the same lego boat as me growing up so he can't be all that bad, just a bit lost.

I bet he still spends as much time on STW as before but now spends his time drinking beer and planning an RB Revolution

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I think he got banned for irritating the mods rather than anything particular.

Anyway, I just gave him my user name and password

Only thing he does to wind people up now is when he keeps banging on about the Big Bike Bash.

jimmy

How do you all know he's not amongst us? Just like Elvis is still alive wearing a wig and no sunglasses, rudeboy no doubt has an alter ego on here.

Unless he couldn't really give a toss.

MrAgreeable

Threads like this have a depressingly insular feel to them, but IMO…

I don't think this forum is really an adequate substitute for face to face human interaction, whether it be banter, heated debate, or otherwise. When it works it's usually between people who already know each other in real life. If you're just trying to do it with strangers, it can come across as the equivalent of shouting into a jar.

Where this forum comes into its own is as a place to exchange information. If you want to find out what size seat post your frame takes and can't be arsed to walk to the garage, or if you're wondering whether there is any good riding in the vicinity of Scunthorpe, someone on here will know the answer. Often they will present it in a way that is pretty entertaining too.

IMO a lot of Rudeboy's posts (not all, but the great majority) had no informative content. They were basically the equivalent of someone standing on a street corner and shouting "LOOOOOOOOK AT MEEEEEEE!". That's OK, and there is maybe some amusement to be had both from the OP and the responses, but it doesn't contribute much.

I think that makes me a lot less inclined to defend him than, say, someone like SFB, who despite having the same tendency to turn the subject of every thread towards himself, is genuinely knowledgeable and helpful some of the time.

I'm probably doing the guy a disservice but it seemed like towards the end of his time here he pretty much used to post about himself, anyone who offered advice that he didn't want to hear was moaned at, and he could also be pretty offensive (I don't really think it's OK to call someone a c–t on a public forum, unless it's purely for humourous effect). Defend him if you like and I don't mind if he is reinstated but I don't miss him either.

tails
    Free Member

Well I don't miss ya rudeboy I never had an argument with him but I still found it a little frustrating that perfectly good threads were ruined by him, I don't think he argues in a calm/well put way like TJ, stoner or even smee does (at least smee's trolls are done in a fun way)

I think the forum is ticking along nicely, reckon he'd be alright in person though just turns into a "cyberbully" behind his macbook screen. what does he do when he is banned go on bikemagic?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Intereting answers and not all as expected. Nice to see folk who disagreed with him not being totally against his return.

I found him a little irritating at times and went even further OTT than I do in debate. However he was a good antidote to the bigots and right wing ravers 🙂 Good point about the lack of helpful content there Mr Agreeable.

I agree with cynic als sentiments above as well. Some of the racism and bigotry on here is deplorable

tankslapper
    Free Member

I miss the little fella too I must say

His rants were epic and his defence of minorities almost (laughably) borderline racist in themselves but all and all its a bit dull without him here.

(Even if it's simply to bet how long he will last to next time)

Still chortle about the mods comment:

'He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy'

With journalistic eloquence such as that I reckon they should take up writing or even, heaven forbid, compile a magazine about bikes….. 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

who despite having the same tendency to turn the subject of every thread towards himself,

what actually happens is that other people make it personal in default of sensible counterarguments 🙁

tankslapper
    Free Member

what actually happens is that other people make it personal in default of sensible counterarguments

who despite having the same tendency to turn the subject of every thread towards himself,

See what I did there? 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Good riddance.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I'd say No, don't bring him back..

It got quite boring in the end.

If you said you'd been to Tennerife, he'd come back and say he'd been to Eleveneriffe.

No, the guy had been there, and done that to just about every drama that ever arose on here, so in my 2p worth, No.

MrAgreeable

Sorry SFB, but that's cobblers. Just look at the Three Peaks thread a while back – an event you have no connection with nor any interest in, but you still felt the need to chime in with your amazingly insightful comments… 🙄

surfer
    Free Member

If you said you'd been to Tennerife, he'd come back and say he'd been to Eleveneriffe.

LOL!

See he is even quite funny by proxy!

tankslapper
    Free Member

I think TJ you appear to have a 50/50 split on this one.

I guess RB was like the Citroen 2CV of chatrooms – you either loved or loathed hime with very little centre ground

clubber
    Free Member

Can't say I miss his me, me, me style of posting or his complete inability to see anything other than from his own POV or even to see that he was more often than not guilty of exactly what he was ranting about.

As such, I've no real desire for him to be back but equally, as above there definitely seem to be other people who do worse and don't get banned but I reckon he was banned more for the volume and annoyance to mods more than the actual content and on that I can understand why they did it entirely.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

tankslapper – Member

I think TJ you appear to have a 50/50 split on this one.

I guess RB was like the Citroen 2CV of chatrooms – you either loved or loathed hime with very little centre ground

Not quite 50 / 50 yet – but I guess the NO voters will be less likely to voice their opinions.

Please keep those votes / opinions coming – yes or no.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 287 total)

The topic ‘Bring back rudeboy – please’ is closed to new replies.