Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Brighton Riding
  • downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

Down in the fair city of Brighton next Wednesday to Friday and wondered if there were any recommended rides out onto the Downs or into the woods from the sea front (I’ll be at the Uni for the conference)and I’ll be carless (sans motor). Any suggestions?

Thanks
    dhs

woodey
    Free Member

Depends which campus you are at, if you are out at Falmer you’ve had a bit of luck as Stamner Park has some nice singletrack.

Anway, the answer is yes, decent riding here and easy to get out onto the downs from anywhere realy.
    Can meet up for a ride if you want (not friday), home office so no problem with weekdays 😀

downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

We’re at the Grand Parade Campus / Arts and Architecture apparently

jacksta
    Free Member

there is a decent loop in the singletrack route log that goes through falmer which allows for lots of customisation (getting lost!)

malchales
    Free Member

Loads of riding to be had. Just ride north on Lewes RD to Stanmer Park.Woods/singletrack pluss its only a short ride to the SDW. Go to Baker ST, Bikes opp ST Peters Church on London RD or Raymonts,New England Hill & they`ll point you in the right direction.

downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

Cool, thanks for the pointers, Woodey, I may well be in touch once I have the format of the conference sorted – but no pulling my legs off! 😀

bigsi
    Free Member

downhillsquirrel – Your in luck as Brighton-MTB do a ride leaving from the Stanmer campus Uni car-park @ 7pm each Thurday, IIRC they tend to ride till about 9-9.30pm.

Some of my mates have done it and say its relaxed and they are a good bunch. I’m going to try to get over there myself next Thursday so may see you there, I’ll be the one in the Sussex-MTB top 🙂

woodey
    Free Member

The Brigon MTB ride is indeed v.good and a pretty relaxed pace, have joined the a few times myself
    I wouldn’t worry about me pulling your legs off 😉

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

excellent riding straight into stanmer and direct access onto the downs east or west. Drop me a line if you fancy. legs will be back in to riding mode after the week off after mayhem, but always good to meet up with new peeps!

Jim

downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

Stanmer Campus is, I think the University of Sussex, so might be a little out of the way for me without a car, although there seems to be a station nearby… or am I being a bit soft?

JoB
    Free Member

you’re being more than a bit soft

🙂

downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

Thanks Job, just checking …

bigsi
    Free Member

10-15 mins away from the seafront on the Falmer road and its flat all the way.

You have a bike, you’ll be right 😛

downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

😳

That’s Thursday sorted then.. 😀

mike61
    Free Member

Hi Mark

Hope you enjoyed our trails and your ride with us.

I trust the magic Tangfastics sorted out your head and shoulder!!!

Cheers

Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Brighton Riding’ is closed to new replies.