Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bright Lights to last 11 hours!
  • adamhood
    Free Member

I need to find a decent front light that i can make last for 11 hours,
    I’m currently using a cheap chinese 50000lumin that im powering with one of torchys batteries, this only lasted about 1.5 hours last night on full, its bright enough for what i need but i need to make it last 11 hours, i would like a decent TRUSTWORTHY light!
    Any suggestions??

damascus
    Free Member

Either some sort of dynamo front hub charger or just lots of spare batteries?

My headtorch is good enough to ride with and takes 1 18650 battery that lasts about an hour.

Maybe go for less power and a longer battery life.

I’m sure you can get an 11 hour battery but it will either be very large or very expensive

bradley
    Free Member

11 hours? Some sorta 24hr endurance race? I think the only option is lots of batteries.

wiggles
    Free Member

It’s not dark for 11 hours?

Well as of next week it won’t

adamhood
    Free Member

[/quote]bradley – Member

11 hours? Some sorta 24hr endurance race? I think the only option is lots of batteries.

wales coast to coast, 11 hours of night to get through, i was thinking a lot of spare batteries, but looking to replace my chinese light with something i can count on, have been looking at the magicshine today, looks like the winner with a fair amount of spare batteries!

Either some sort of dynamo front hub charger or just lots of spare batteries?

i dont think the dynamo will kick out enough light for me, i think more batteries are the way forward.

adamhood
    Free Member

wiggles – Member

It’s not dark for 11 hours?

Well as of next week it won’t

it will be in wales on the 6th september, riding through the night till sunday the 7th

adamhood
    Free Member
    kcal

11 hours might be struggling for most lights – though Lumicycles on low power settings might manage..

stumpy01

It’s not that difficult to achieve.

My old Lumicycle battery was the 6.6Ah Endurance version.
    When I converted the cans to LEDs, both lights on full whack lasted 7hrs 20. Running one was plenty of light and obviously would have given 14hrs+.

I’d speak to someone like smudge (mtb batteries) and perhaps get a light with plenty of power levels and a spare battery.

I’d recommend testing the run time prior to the event, but you’ll need a fan or something running to keep them cool.

adamhood
    Free Member

I’d recommend testing the run time prior to the event, but you’ll need a fan or something running to keep them cool.

i could even take them out for a spin 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

Use exposure revo and dynamo hub

epicyclo

My AyUps have 6 hour batteries that actually last 6 hours. So basically you need an AyUp light and 2 batteries.

Edric64
    Free Member

exposure light with son 28 dynohub ,will cost you a bit though!!

chakaping
    Free Member

This’d be a good bet, the lower modes are perfectly good for non-tech riding IME.

http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/mountain-bike-lights/the-lumenator/

Northwind

Pretty sure my MJ872 would do that, on half power with a decent 8-cell battery. Now that’s not “bright” by modern terms but it’s still well into “more than enough”- you won’t be able to light the dark side of the moon with it but you’ll be able to ride quick on technical terrain.

Not actually recommending that light you understand, just observing that it shouldn’t be hard 😉 My experience suggests that running lights on full power tends to get you into diminishing returns so maybe a bright light run low will serve you well.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Come to think of it i managed the whole puffer (17hrs)on one charge with my exposure maxx d and joystick + 3 cell extra pack.

swanny853

Exposure 6 pack on mid power would do that with the odd bit of judicious throttling

stumpy01

adamhood – Member

i could even take them out for a spin

I reckon 11 hrs is more than a spin!! 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

I thought the exposure dyno light gave 800 lumens ? isnt that enough ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Enoguth for the highland 400 riders and a few of the gdr riders…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bright Lights to last 11 hours!’ is closed to new replies.