Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Brian Blessed
  • hora
    Free Member

78 I didnt think he’s that old! I hope the bugger takes it easy now. http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2015/jan/21/brian-blessed-collapses-on-stage-king-lear

piemonster

I’m not sure he know how to take it easy

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

At least it might stop him shouting so much

hora
    Free Member

When he hosted Have I got news for you I couldn’t stop laughing 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Saw him on the street a few weeks back in Lightwater, Surrey, crossing the street opposite Duffys Budgens where we go to buy the cat food.

He looked like the male equivalent of the mad bag lady as he was carrying multiple supermarket plastic bags and looked disheveled with an old walking jacket on and his huge beard.

edlong
    Free Member

I hope the bugger takes it easy now.

Collapsed on stage due to a heart problem, had a cup of tea, went back on and finished the play. Little evidence of imminent taking it easy.

kayak23

TurnerGuy – Member 
    Saw him on the street a few weeks back in Lightwater, Surrey, crossing the street opposite Duffys Budgens where we go to buy the cat food.

Appreciate the details… 😀

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Blessed reportedly said: “I feel such an idiot and am not in the habit of doing this, but I have little fibrillation.”

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Appreciate the details…

maybe he goes there for his cat, or dog, food as well ? Duffys Budgens stock that Natural Instinct stuff meaning that you don’t have to get it delivered in cooled packaging. Plus they always have good offers on Haribo 🙂

hora
    Free Member

He looked like the male equivalent of the mad bag lady as he was carrying multiple supermarket plastic bags and looked disheveled with an old walking jacket on and his huge beard.

You’ve just described ALL of us walking back home in the rain when we’ve done a full shop without a car 😆 ..minus the beard.

Can we start a campaign telling him to take it easy?..

thegreatape
    Free Member

I imagine you/we would get shouted down.

jambalaya
    Free Member

He’s alive and kicking at 78 still doing what he and his audience loves, why should he take any advice from us ? I also didn’t realise he was 78, pity I’m not in Guildford any more he was performing just down the road from my old house, would have loved to see him in King Lear.

racefaceec90

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4nS9IbT-uk[/video]

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    scotroutes

The extended version of that HIGNFY episode needs to be saved for the nation as a work of art.

rewski
    Free Member

I like Brian, his was the best ‘Who do you think you are?’

robdob
    Free Member

Bloomin legend. Could probably teach younger actors a fair bit – just gets on with it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I once saw him in panto at the Yvonne Arnaud in Guildford – “Peter Pan” – as Captain Hook. A total riot. He came on pissed after the interval, forgot his lines and fell over a couple of times.

He was on a discussion programme with Dr Alice and The Lovely Brian Cox about science recently. They spent the entire programme looking like they were afraid he was going to explode at any moment…

Man’s a hoot.

vondally
    Free Member

far greater actor then the ‘caricature’ suggests

far greater and interesting person than the ‘persona’ suggests..look at his list of expeditions, some failures (?) some crashes some successes

a national treasure

edit saw in him the 80s at RSC rather wonderful

rewski
    Free Member

I knew he had dodgy feet but I didn’t realise his hand was missing, good work fella!

kimbers

saw him at a convention a couple of years ago

he had all his usual bluster and bombasity when giving his talk, but walking around afterwards was struck by how old and doddery he seemed

binners

Madder than a bucket of spiders. The world needs more people like him.

Surely in the running for the greatest living Englishman? Long may he continue!

Northwind

kimbers – Member

he had all his usual bluster and bombasity when giving his talk, but walking around afterwards was struck by how old and doddery he seemed

I met him, ooh, 15 years ago maybe when I was working in the festival, even then he was a bit like that- talk about force of personality, you’d catch him in a quiet moment and he’d look 20 years older, then the vtec kicked in and he’d charge off again. Not the easiest dude to work with but still a total pleasure (I didn’t really have much clue who he was but you just get carried along)

hora
    Free Member

Binners is that from black adder I? Loved him in that. Didn’t know him from Adam back then when I first watched black adder on its realease (I was about 12?) but I remember thinking/a lasting impression of ‘who is that barking mad man’ 😀

Edit – correction when I was 10!

binners

Hora – when you watched him play the king, he exactly fitted my idea of what a king should look and behave like. A wild eyed psychopath, chewing on a lamb shank, before throwing it over his shoulder, then shouting at everyone. He looked born to do that type of thing 😀

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1zjeYhJs7o[/video]

hora
    Free Member

If theres only one thing we will ever agree on binners. This is that moment. 🙂

RobHilton
    Free Member

I wouldn’t fancy being stuck in a lift with him

hatter

I’d just like to point out that….

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE IN CAPS

Cougar

look at his list of expeditions,

He’s a qualified cosmonaut too, y’know.

saw him at a convention a couple of years ago

So did I. Which one was that, then?

deadkenny
    Free Member

National treasure or legend or both.

Long may he continue.

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Look out for him in a film that will begin shooting soon called Golden Years (AKA Gran Theft Ortho) Am hoping I get the chance to meet him on set.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Required viewing:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCHA7_SnS8o[/video]

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Brian Blessed’ is closed to new replies.