Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Brevent top lift open this summer?
  • freeridenick
    Free Member

Anyone been up there yet to ride the Holy Trail?

freeridenick
    Free Member

bump?

balfa
    Free Member
    freeridenick
    Free Member

thanks!

peasnotwar
    Free Member

We rode it on the 22nd June (Monday) and it was amazing. By the end of the week, a sign had appeared at the start of the drop from Brevent saying no bikes(couldnt recall seeing there earlier in the week).
    That said, i had an interesting "debate" with a french lady up there about riding in the national park (which you must traverse to get to holy trail) – but managed to persuade her it was all legit.
    Still, as my previous replies, i wouldnt try it in August – at all.
    ps. PSA do not attempt the descent from Bel Lachat to Merlet. I's unrideable/too steep/very dangerous for it's entirety – i found out the hard way!

freeridenick
    Free Member

Thanks peasnotwar. was going to try it on saturday….might be OK as transfer day in the Valley?

Gooner
    Free Member

forgotmename off this forum is the guru on this trail

top lift was open last week in june when we were there and forgotme name was going to guide us but we did nt fancy 1 hour hike a bike bit!

some great stuff at valorcine (the dh course) now that lift is open

peasnotwar
    Free Member

Soooo worth the hike – you missed out… big time
    Yes it's a hike (for me) but i did it with vanilla83 and he's 18 years younger than me and didn't appear to break into a sweat….. git!
    I was also pushing my dh rig which didnt help.
    The descent from aguilletes Des Houches down to Merlet is one of the steepest and hardest in the area – it's a brake burner… but oh so good.
    from Merlet down to Les Gaillands is, as Toms book, dh heaven!
    Ah well,there's always next time 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Brevent top lift open this summer?’ is closed to new replies.