Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Brendan Fairclough and Ollie Wilkins show us around Surrey Hills…
  • rewski
    Free Member
    scruff
    Free Member

Thats a good little article.

rewski
    Free Member

Nice pics of Peaslake too

mattjg
    Free Member

I’m not recognising that bomb hole or the log jump. My local knowledge is deficient it seems!

heihei

Log jump is Thick n Creamy I think.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Me neither @mattjg and you know it far better than I 😐

Nice find @rewski, I keep meaning to visit Soho Bikes

rewski
    Free Member

@ jambalaya – red bull tweeted it earlier.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Yep, log jump is thick and creamy or the one next to it. pic above looks like the whole nine yards, and I think a couple more are area 51.
    I’m very sad.

mattjg
    Free Member

just keep telling yourself they’re on teeny wheels, so that jump is smaller than it looks

heihei

The log jump taking the usual line is a decent size, but the hill is steeper and looser than the photos. As usual, Brendog is making up his own line which takes things into a whole different game!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Pic above is thick & creamy (or is it thin & spunky? Or is that the steep one off to the left with the gap jump over the path?) – first left hander after the tight bit through the undergrowth.

Whichever one it is, its the same trail with the tree drop further down the sequence 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hum, interesting I do know these trails then, haven’t ridden them in a quite while (quite a bit of hanging on and hoping not to crash !). Those trails where used in another “what we do in the off season” film a while back.

nedrapier

The “going sideways” and “roost manuva” shots:

I thought the idea behind this kind of shot is that the back’s breaking traction cos the rider’s cornering so god damn hard, rather than just locking the back wheel with a finger full of rear brake?

I thought that was for kids? 😕

PJ266
    Free Member

Olly and Brendan can’t ride for shit, everyone knows that.

nedrapier

Not raggin’ on their skillz in any way at all, I am a total minther.

Just thought the roostin’ was supposed to be in the hips, rather than the left index finger.

Gotama
    Free Member

The log drop is a relatively recent addition to the trail. By relatively I mean 6 months or so. Think it was during the high winds earlier in the year when the tree conveniently came down.

I suspect brendogs line is pretty massive in real life for us mere mortals given how sharply the hill drops away. Still, when Wilkins can do the log drop on a rigid he can come ride with me. 😀 #scaredmyselfstupidprobablynotgoingtodoitagain

brooess
    Free Member

Cool pics

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Brendan Fairclough and Ollie Wilkins show us around Surrey Hills…’ is closed to new replies.