Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Brechfa trails shut for a few days
  • Mal-ec
    Free Member

The Forestry Commission have said they were planning to close the Brechfa trails for a few days due to the amount of ice up in the forest & the car parks being dangerous.

1×29
    Free Member

Anyone know where they’d announce this is they did go ahead with closing the trails?

1×29
    Free Member

Bump

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure it is happening. Signs going up before the weekend.

Twodogs

not surprised..I poked my head in there on Sunday, and the carpark and fireroad up were ice-rinks

m_t_b
    Free Member

I rode it last Friday and it was alot of fun but ended up on my back a couple of times, I can see why they are closing it as the snow has covered up ice in places and the frozen ground means you fly along.

When you combine the two….

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Slightly off topic question for the Brechfa crowd:

Do the trails EVER dry out?
    I’ve been up a couple of times in January and July this year and by Jove did I miss the Crud Catcher and Race Guard I keep on my winter singlespeed. If anything July was worst. Was I just unlucky?

huw
    Free Member

Do the trails EVER dry out?

Yes.

al

Any further word on this? I’m due to head over to Brechfa on Sunday. Got to think its warmed up enough now to be fine, but you never know.

timber

al – my lane in the Brecon Beacons is still icy, though was on the Gower today and there is no sign of cold weather there.

al

I’m meeting up with a chap who lives about 25 miles west of Brechfa, he’s still going no matter I think. Sounds like a plan, may just have to park elsewhere and ride in 🙂

al

No sooner do I post than I get a message to say that the trails are closed. Boo!

catnash
    Free Member

Was up there earlier today tried the Bergwm carpark, no chance getting up the road then went to Gwernogle hairpin, iced up too, ended up on the road to llidiad nenog. Only because I had the new frame. Few sections of the manmade tracks were very hairy, otherwise didnt see any closure signs 😉

morleyrees
    Free Member

Did the Green and Blue on Sunday (12th Dec), the singletrack was OK but the fireroads were treacherous in parts…especially when your looking for the next sign and not paying attention to the road surface! 😯 Enjoyed though 🙂

There were closure signs up but the car park was full…of ramblers taking their bikes for a walk 😉

hitman
    Free Member

anyone know what the trails are like now up there?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Brechfa trails shut for a few days’ is closed to new replies.