Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 517 total)
  • Shots fired outside Westminster
  • v8ninety

Not sure what this is all about but sounds iffy. Hope it’s something and nothing.

scotroutes

At least a dozen injured people on Westminster Bridge near UK parliament:

jimdubleyou

More than nothing apparently…

🙁

shadowfax

Car targeted pedestrians on WM bridge according to twitter. Bodies on the ground 🙁

flange
    Free Member

Shall we take bets on what he was shouting?

*Slow clap*

Well done…

cheers_drive

ninfan – Member
    Shall we take bets on what he was shouting

No I’ll take a bet on what I think you think he was shouting

aracer
    Free Member

I understand sensitivity is something you have a problem with, ninfan, but we could always avoid speculation on an incident where people have potentially been seriously injured.

slowoldman

On twitter I’m reading man attacked police with knife, got shot.

No let’s not eh?

binners

FREEEDOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!

jimdubleyou

Apparently they’ve deployed the full set of armed police to Westminster.

Think I’ll be changing my route home tonight…

v8ninety

Police officer stabbed, but still conscious and talking. Fingers crossed he’s okay. Assailant shot by police.

– BBC

allthepies
    Free Member

Hmmm, I travel home through Waterloo station. Wonder if that will remain open.

scaled
    Free Member

Hmmm, I travel home through Waterloo station. Wonder if that will remain open.

This is why terrorism doesn’t work in the UK 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This is why terrorism doesn’t work in the UK

🙂

I remember after the last London bombs, lots of people walking home, smiling and chatting. I had that same thought then!

franksinatra

Terrible, but unsurprising times. Given the threat level there is always seems a feeling of when and where, not if, these types of thing will happen.

chipps

You can always rely on the STW underground infoweb in times of crisis…

Stay safe out there folks.

Pigface
    Free Member

What did the guy who shot Jo Cox shout? 🙄

SaxonRider

Thank goodness we live in a country with such active intelligence and emergency services.

Like everyone else on here, I hope things turn out okay for the innocent. 🙁

gonzy
    Free Member

Ninfan gave my cat Gonorrhoea!!

kilo

Allthepies just caught train southbound from Vauxhall so Waterloo seems to be ok

chipps

I used to make a point of drinking in pubs that had been firebombed by the IRA when I lived in London. And on a rare return to London this weekend, went back to the Cambridge in Soho for some more beers…

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh great. More ammunition for the right wingers.

I used to make a point of drinking in pubs that had been firebombed by the IRA when I lived in London. And on a rare return to London this weekend, went back to the Cambridge in Soho for some more beers…

Statistically, I imagine it was safer.

franksinatra

Just seen comments on Metro live feed about this story

The sooner we are out of the EU and in control of our Boarders the better

Give me strength.

slowoldman

The day pupils are no better.

mogrim

Seems to have crashed the BBC news website, which is quite impressive.

binners

This kind of thing is generally the fault of Belgium, isn’t it?

mcj78
    Free Member

Apparently a car driven into a number of pedestrians on Wesminster Bridge, not looking good – Policeman stabbed & attacker shot by armed police.

Grim – probably best to refrain from making jokes about it eh?

Cougar

The fear of pirates is very real.

midlifecrashes

No, best to keep making the jokes and help when we can.

IHN

That’s Colliest; what about Beardeds?

#JeSuisLassie

nwmlarge
    Free Member

They have cordoned off the road in between my building an County Hall, I’m going to stick inside for now and hope Waterloo isn’t a target on the way home later.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Daily Mail journalist Quentin Letts whose office overlooks the scene told the BBC of the moment police shot the man.

“This man had something in his hand, it looked like a stick of some sort and he was challenged by a couple of policemen in yellow jackets and one of the yellow-jacketed policemen fell down.

“We could see the man in black moving his arm in a way that suggested he was either stabbing or striking the yellow-jacketed policeman, and one of the policemen then ran to get help, which was very quick to come and as this attacker was running towards the entrance used by MPs to get into the House of Commons.

“As he was running he ran, about I’d say 15 yard perhaps, two plain clothes guys with guns shouted at him what sounded like a warning, he ignored it and they shot two or three times and he fell.”

Sounds like parliament/MPs/government was a target. And an unarmed policeman injured while trying to stop them. Well done sir, thanks for being there and doing your best and get well soon.

Hopefully good news will come about the pedestrians on the bridge but it sounds awful.

retro83
    Free Member

Ooof, some nasty pics circulating including one of a chap who appeared to have fallen some height and broke his leg.

MoreCashThanDash

That’s right – cos in several thousand years before we joined the EU not one single thing or person was smuggled in through our 5000 miles of coastline…. 🙄

Wookster

Hope the injured officer is ok, and any other injured people.

SaxonRider

I’m going to stick inside for now and hope Waterloo isn’t a target on the way home later.

Everyone will react differently, but really?

I tend to work on the balance of probability. There is unlikely to be another attack today, or anytime soon. If there is, it is unlikely to be so close to the one that just happened. If it were to be, it is unlikely to take place at the exact moment I happen to pass through. If it did, there is only a small chance that I would be one of the victims. If I was, well… I suppose after all that, it would just be plain dumb bad luck. But I certainly wouldn’t stop going about my activities.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

Nice..

Really tasteful..

I think you’re reached an all-time STW low with that one.

mogrim

I’m going with a heavily coked up Maradona screaming ¡Malvinas argentinas!, what with it being the anniversary of the war and all.

jekkyl

BBC tv news says one woman has died. A car was driven into a group of French school children

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Shots fired outside Westminster’ is closed to new replies.