Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Breaking in a Brooke's B15 saddle?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

Took delivery of a Brooke’s B15 saddle a couple of weeks back, and whilst reading the instructions it states “A new saddle should be treated with Brooke’s Proofide Leather Dressing …”

Now given that I spent £120 on the saddle I would have least expected it to have come with a small tin of named dressing, but all it came with was a tensioning spanner.

Anyone know whether it should it have come with the dressing or is that an extra purchase?

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

extra purchase, you can google other stuff people use if you don’t want to pay.

drofluf
    Free Member

It’s a few quid for a tin and it lasts ages. I bought my tin 4 years ago and still have half left and that’s for 5 saddles!

But rub the proofride into the leather – don’t forget to do underneath. Let it dry, buff it off and ride.

tommid
    Free Member

Don’t waste your money on proofide, which is expensive for small quantities. Buy some saddle soap from a horse tack shop. Much cheaper and intended for maintaining much more expensive saddles. I use it on my Brooks saddles and on my leather sofa. £5 buys you a massive tub.
    Then al you need is a cloth and a little bit of water and bob’s your uncle.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Don’t waste your money on proofide, which is expensive for small quantities. Buy some saddle soap from a horse tack shop

That’s really handy to know, given my Daughter and Wife ride. They will have some here in the house 🙂

Thanks, you just saved me a few quid!

Edric64
    Free Member

Dont wear your expensive Assos or Rapha shorts after treating the saddle as the leather dressing may stain them if you do decide to rub it into the top not the underside

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Breaking in a Brooke's B15 saddle?’ is closed to new replies.