Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Breaking Bad (UK Speed) Appreciation Thread
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I watched Season 1 over the internet a couple of years ago and loved it, but then for whatever reason forgot about this programme for a while. After chancing upon a Season 1 boxset for £9.99 I watched it again and it was even better than I remembered.

I immediately purchased Season 2 and liked it even more than Season 1.
    It would seem that Season 4 is drawing to an end in the US, but the Season 3 boxset still hasn’t appeared on this side of the Atlantic. There doesn’t appear to be any channel broadcasting post-Season 2 in this country.

I’m guessing that there must be some other fans on STW, FWIW I reckon this is the best drama series I’ve ever watched. A truly innovative and blackly comedic crime drama with some first rate acting…so, anyone else frustrated by the lack of progress in (legal) broadcasting/DVD release date information?

cove123

+1

headfirst
    Free Member

Tvlinks is your friend

_tom_
    Free Member

It’s probably my favourite tv series, I even prefer it to The Wire. The acting and casting is spot on. In England I download it to watch it but over here I’m watching season 4 on telly and after a slow start it’s really picking up. Won’t spoil anything but it gets seriously tense!

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve used Tvlinks in the past, but at the risk of sounding sappy…I want to watch this legally. I really love this programme and am more than happy to pay to watch it (would also like the DVD so that I can watch it again in the future).

Oh well, I’ve got Season 2 of Justified arriving soon so I’ll have to make do with that for the time being.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep I know what you mean, for a series this good it’s really worth paying for it. I’ll definitely buy it all on dvd/bluray boxset when it’s finished, providing the ending isn’t as bad as The Sopranos 😛

headfirst
    Free Member

I agree bravo, but seems to be the only option if you can’t wait.

May I suggest battlestar gallactica, that will keep you busy and entertained for some time

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Great show (USA speed)

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I loved BSG! I’ve watched it all though.

Any suggestions for US drama in a similar vein?

I hear good things about Life, but it’s just been cancelled after 2 seasons.

warton
    Free Member

you know, I watched season 1 and like it. then just couldn’t get into season 2 at all. going to try again tough, I must of been in a weird mood!

stanfree
    Free Member

I’ve been downloading the new series and can confirm It’s very dark and very brilliant. Sits behind ‘The Wire’ but ahead of ‘The Sopranos’ In my opinion.

simon_g

I love it to bits – have S3 waiting for viewing. I bought the S1/S2 boxsets and will doubtless buy the rest but am not waiting around for that to happen. I’m wondering if they’re still trying to find a channel to take it on – because if there’s any hope of that happening then they won’t want a DVD set out before it gets broadcast here.

It’s a crying shame it’s so overlooked over here, it’s some of the best TV I’ve seen in ages.

AlexSimon

We’re just reaching the end of season 2 here, and it’s very good.
    I prefer The Wire and maybe even Treme and Dexter, but it’s definitely a great show. It was a few posts on The Wire thread on here that put me on to it actually so cheers STW 🙂

I love it when we discover old shows, so that we can watch an episode a night for a few months!

doh
    Free Member

quite like entourage

RealMan
    Free Member

Approaching the end of Season 3 here. Pretty awesome show, although I prefer House and Futurama. Dexter is pretty cool too, looking forward to the new series.

_tom_
    Free Member

Entourage Season 8 finale is so terrible and rushed though 🙁 To be honest it was getting rubbish after a few seasons but was still something easy and enjoyable to watch.

stanfree
    Free Member

Agree with _tom_ entourage finale was very poor but I will miss seeing Sloane, Mrs Ari and all the other hot women In It. In the end the only good characters were Ari and Drama. Some great Cameo appearances over the years though . If you like Entourage try How to make It in America made by the same writers.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Season 4 is rather good.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Speaking of cameos good to see Manny ‘Chico’ Ribera is still alive.

_tom_
    Free Member

In the end the only good characters were Ari and Drama

Drama is one of my favourite tv series characters ever 😆 I liked Billy Walsh as well.

doh
    Free Member

only STW could make easy and enjoyable into an insult 🙂 . never said entourage is great just i quite like it, for the swearing and hot women mostly. although a bit self knowing still better than a lot of the more popular crap out there.
    everybody loves raymond and two and a half men are award winning highest viewed prog’s in USA. utter utter sheeite.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah I think it’s good, the first few seasons were awesome and I got through them a bit too quickly!

Wally

Viva Hal.

peachos
    Free Member

halfway through the 2nd series too & got the third lined up (not as wholesome as the OP). it’s flipping brilliant. watched a few episodes last night & one of them in particular i was so drawn to that 45 mins disappeared in what felt like 10!

boardwalk empire is also worth checking out if you want something else to keep you occupied. buschemi is amazing in it (as perusual)!

stanfree
    Free Member

Wow , just wow . Just watched the final episode of Breaking Bad , absolutely brilliant .

wrecker
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve used Tvlinks in the past, but at the risk of sounding sappy…I want to watch this legally

Just watch it “illegally” and buy it when it comes out. That way the makers get their moneys anyway. Thats what I do/did.
    Season 4 is ace but it has flown by and the sadness will return after tonight when I watch the last one.
    The mrs hasn’t seen any yet so I’m just going to have to watch the whole thing again!
    I really liked the wire and am looking forward to getting into boardwalk empire. Treme was shit though.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’m liking it a lot – seems like a strange choice for AMC – there’s an awful lot of swearing edited out (probably some violence too). Don’t know why they refuse to broadcast these shows in a decent slot in the UK

Lifer
    Free Member

Love Breaking Bad and whoever mentioned Boardwalk Empire is right on the money, season 2 just started and is shaping up to be a bloodbath.

Walking Dead season 2 starting soon as well which I can’t wait for!

Deadwood is a good as well but they cancelled it after 2 series which is rubbish. But it does have Lovejoy in it.

_tom_
    Free Member

Wow , just wow . Just watched the final episode of Breaking Bad , absolutely brilliant .

+1, it was awesome. It’s not the final one though, there’s a fifth and final season next year. Not really sure what can happen from here as there are only a few loose ends that need to be tied up.. I would be happy if it was left where it was though.

ART

Have season 1&2 boxsets waiting to be watched as the darker nights set in… good to hear it will be worth the wait!

Wally

Sad to be nearly finishing Season 2. 4 episodes to go.
    Is series 3 readily available now in UK?

RealMan
    Free Member

Just watched Crawl Space (Season 4, episode 11 I think).

Brilliant. Pretty creepy ending. Looking forward to the next two episodes (so I can get on with watching House, Dexter, etc.).

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Loved season 1+2, lost interest a bit in the later episodes. As good as The Wire? not IMO – the best TV show ever made (excepting the last season)

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Breaking Bad (UK Speed) Appreciation Thread’ is closed to new replies.