• This topic has 48 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Breakfast on the go….
  • greentricky
    Free Member

Huel and your Fuhrer won’t want any if you let him try the unflavoured version

squirrelking
    Free Member

Plastic pot with lid. Layer in this order. Frozen fruits, granola and fruit yoghurt (alpro almond is nice too). Back in the fridge. When you come to eat it the next day the berries should be defrosted and the yoghurt softened the granola nicely.

Stealing this. That looks perfect for day shifts. What sort of diameter are we talking here? Cup or takeaway tub? (probably doesn’t matter)

OP – my sympathies are with you, having an x month old isn’t easy (though I have blotted most of that out). As others have said dealing with the older one should be a priority, knocking the stories on the head would be a good start! But that aside, you still need a solution to deal with now.

Scrambled egg in a cup or takeaway tub – easy.
    The granola yogurt thing – easy (unless the cereal is an issue).
    Flapjacks – easy. Make them yourself, easy.
    Cereal but use orange juice rather than milk.

You need to be out by 0730 and in to work by?? Are there no roll shops on the way?

maccruiskeen

Those pots of chopped melon in supermarkets. Doesn’t seem to make sense that they’d be good at staving off hunger for any amount of time given that its just crunchy water but I find them really good for tiding me over til lunchtime.

molgrips
    Free Member

just pushing the boundaries and we are disciplining him

Don’t use discipline to force them to do what you want, make them understand why it’s important, and that it’s just something we do.

Tricky, I know. But you wouldn’t like it if someone tried to force you to do something, they don’t either.

Off topic I know, and apologies for it, but it’s something that worked for us.

porlus
    Free Member

Stealing this. That looks perfect for day shifts. What sort of diameter are we talking here? Cup or takeaway tub? (probably doesn’t matter)

Go for it. It’s a corker to eat. Usually sees me good from 8am till almost lunch.
    Tend to use a 4″ diameter by 2″ deep pot (roughly). Guess a square Tupperware would be ideal too.
    Been buying the frozen berries from Aldi recently. Loads of strawberries and blackberries in there.

sb88
    Free Member

Forcing down a breakfast is a constant battle even with no kids! Hate sweet cereals. Had a cheese and mustard sandwich for mine today.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Been buying the frozen berries from Aldi recently. Loads of strawberries and blackberries in there.

Where we normally get ours too.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Peanut butter (palm oil free), Sainsbury’s reduced salt yeast extract and jam/marmalade/lemon Kurd sandwich, made night before. Morning win! 😆

benp1

I eat at work, I leave home around 7 and cycle to work, I’m at my desk around 8. I have 2 scrambled eggs (done in the micro) and a bowl of muesli for brekkie. When it’s cold I sometimes switch to porridge

I struggle to eat first thing in the morning

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Breakfast on the go….’ is closed to new replies.