Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Breakfast ideas – whats good?
  • flowerpower
    Free Member

+1 for porridge.

It’s the only breakfast that I have yet found to keep me going till lunch. I have some jars with various nuts, seeds and dried fruit and add what I feel like on the day (woohoo – living on the edge baby!). Adding fresh berries, fruit and honey helps to brighten it up too.

bearGrease

@grievoustim, I was digging your recipe until this bit:

mix it all up in a big bowel

Urrrrrghhh!

marsdenman
    Free Member

Cappuccino and a poached egg (microwaved, not the best, i know…) on a slice of brown bread…
    Works well for me…..

That said – I did actually get up and ride my bike last Friday AM – an hours ride before brekkie…..
    Ate the above, followed by a whole host of, frankly, junk, throughout the rest of the morning…. 🙄

soobalias
    Free Member

usually porridge. 25g + 50ml water, microwave for 90secs and eat in three spoonfulls five minutes later when i have changed and its cool.

at the weekend when i have time, scrambled eggs and bacon. how the guy up there ^ does scrambled eggs in under 2mins is beyond me. it would take that long to get the frying pan hot/crack four eggs/ get the butter out of the fridge…….. nevermind cleaning up time.

some of the recipes above sound great tho

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

I make porridge either with gluten free oats or rice flakes and add fruit, linseeds, maybe chopped almonds and some honey. Rice porridge is really nice and easy on your digestive system if you’re not a good eater in the mornings. I use rice milk as well, I’m gluten and casein free and I hate soya milk but rice milk actually tastes ok, I’d have it over cows milk now.

Alpro soya yogurt with granola and berries is my summer favourite, or a smoothie with banana, strawberries, yogurt, linseeds and oats and thinned with apple juice – again easy to digest first thing but the oats and banana add some substance to it, if you can eat dairy you could use normal plain yogurt.

Riofer
    Free Member

Banana and spinich smoothie made with water. Add some nuts/other fruit/honey to add variety, oats if I’m training.

Either that or some egg based treat, omlette (spinich, chorizo), poached, scrambled with some meaty goodness for added flavour etc

tony24
    Free Member

Marsdenman if 1 egg and 1 slice of bread is supposed to last you till lunch after exercise ye must be mad thats a small snack not meal.

spooky_b329

I will be trying some of this stuff…particularly like the yogurt/porridge/fruit ideas.

I normally only eat porridge at weekends/before a big ride, and I will have nearly a whole cup of oats. Weekdays I normally have 4 weetabix or 4 shredded wheat or 2 big bowls of Bran Flakes followed by a couple of slices of toast and struggle to make it to lunchtime without snacking, so echo the comments about 1 egg and 1 slice of toast being a snack, not breakfast! Breakfast should fill you up!

miketually
    Free Member

Lots of (breakfast and other) recipe ideas at my two new favourite recipe blogs: http://nomnompaleo.com/ and http://thestonesoup.com/

Lentil granola for breakfast? http://thestonesoup.com/blog/2012/05/lentilgranola/

miketually
    Free Member

Most mornings this week, I’ve had 2 soft boiled eggs (big ones from our hens, so might really be three) on a couple of slices of ham.

yunki
    Free Member

For a long while I was blitzing a handful of frozen blueberries, a handful of frozen blackberries, some melon, a banana and some good Greek honey and yoghurt to make a frozen smoothie type deal..

Another winner is a large warm sticky Belgian waffle, topped with as much fresh fruit and Greek yoghurt as you can pile on, drizzled with Greek honey (are you spotting a theme here..?) and liberally sprinkled with chopped toasted nuts..

bamford
    Free Member

Got all my stuff ready, for the over night porridge with grated apple 😀

smoggy
    Free Member

Big bowl of custard.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Scrambled Eggs * 3
    Toasted wholemeal bagel * 1
    Pint of fresh, pulpy OJ.
    Cup of TrailMix, Natural Yoghurt, Honey & blueberries.

Then go riding until lunch…

Then more riding ’til dinner…

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Breakfast ideas – whats good?’ is closed to new replies.