Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Breakdown cover
  • onandon
    Free Member

I need to buy breakdown cover for my car.
    I’ve used the AA and RAC in the past and think they are pretty poor when it come to anything other than taking money.
    Has anyone used greed flag. Any good ?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

We got european cover with some mob called quoteline for £60/year. We have used them a couple of times and they were absolutely fantastic.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ve just signed up with AutoAid so can’t say how good they are but they are recommended on moneysavingexpert. It’s not quite like the AA as you have to pay then claim the money back.

wilburt
    Free Member

I have it three times foc shame it can’t be sold on.

jimw
    Free Member

My father has had green flag cover for years, on the two occasions he called them out they were fine. The last was 8-10 years ago though.

MoreCashThanDash

We’ve been with RAC for years on a personal membership, so covers either of us in any car. Been great on the rare occassion we have used them. Renewals are extortionate but a quick phone call after a check on comparison sites and they have always undercut the best deal we could find, which was Green Flag this year.

Cheaper deals tend to restricted to the car rather than drivers, been cheaper to get the RAC joint personal cover than get cover for both of us on each car.

Jamie
    Free Member

AutoAid here. Can’t comment on how good they are, as never had to use them.

Hopefully, it’ll stay that way.

seavers
    Free Member

I have Green Flag. So far they have been fab. Called them out because I locked my keys in the car. Keys went in with the Camelbak etc. They sorted me out with in 50 mins and I made the ride.

I got the home start option which came in at £97 at the time. Cheaper than renewing with the AA. That was £130.

onandon
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Some pretty good deals online for greenflag, so looking tempting.

revs1972
    Free Member

Have a look at Start Rescue if you have a newish car (less than 7 years / 100,00 miles)
    I pay £39 a year which includes national recovery and home start.
    Had to call them out a couple of times, and they text you to let you know when they coming and a courtesy call to make sure you are happy when they have been and gone

ste_t
    Free Member

Looked at changing bank account? I moved to nationwide, £10pm, breakdown cover, mobile phone insurance (saves claiming on the contents,) plus loads of other stuff I zoned out of, then 3% interest on my cash. The best bit is not having to deal with HSBC anymore

andyl
    Free Member

+1 for autoaid. Having used them twice they were fine. In fact the 2nd time they were there in less than 10 minutes.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Another AutoAid customer here and have used them 3 times now and never had a problem. I think the cost is around 40 quid a year and I just had a £140 tow bill claim back from them so well worth it. Only downside is the form filling to make the claim as it’s not done by email.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Bloody hell that start rescue is cheap. £28.79 for my 2010 car with everything included except euro cover

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Was with Green Flag for years – very good. Changed to AA as part of bank package deal, no complaints there either, usually a bit slower than GF were, but nothing too bad

irc

Green Flag via Direct Line £45.

http://www.directline.com/breakdown-cover

squirrelking
    Free Member

Another +1 for AutoAid, used them when my alternator popped (coming home from a night shit natch) and got my money back in no time. Because of the time and location it took a while but it was a local company who picked me up and carried the car 40odd miles to my preferred garage.

sadexpunk

was with the aa but never used them, then i got free cover from ‘rescue my car’ when i bought some house or car insurance, forget which now. never had to use em, which is just as well cos that reminds me ive never noted the phone number id have to ring 🙂

think its one of those where id have to pay up front then claim back, but hey, its free.

peterfile
    Free Member

Looked at changing bank account? I moved to nationwide, £10pm, breakdown cover, mobile phone insurance (saves claiming on the contents,) plus loads of other stuff I zoned out of, then 3% interest on my cash. The best bit is not having to deal with HSBC anymore

+1

£120 a year for family travel insurance, family mobile phone insurance, breakdown cover, extended warranty on electrical purchases etc.

Breakdown cover is provided by Britannia, which seems to get excellent reviews.

steveh

Use the cash back sites for any of them for some great deals – aa or rac especially tend to be very cheap with the deals.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Have used RAC in the past and they were good but expensive. Am currently with Greenflag. Both times I’ve had to call them out they’ve been great–very nice call-centre people and good response times and mechanics. They do ‘autorenewal’ which I hate–when my policy was due to expire I stopped the autonewal and rejoined online because I was able to add homestart and the cost for the year was still lower than had I ‘autorenewed’.

trademark
    Free Member

Autonational. £68 a year for full package (new customers get 15 months for 12 if you ask).
    I’ve been with them for long time. Used twice and I rate them.
    Cheers.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Breakdown cover’ is closed to new replies.