Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • BRASS MONKEYS ROUND 2 COURSE UPDATE:
  • pants
    Free Member

COURSE UPDATE:

Having been on the course today prepping and will continue to prep daily until the event, it is in good shape, not too much snow about, just 2″ thats about it.

The course is being walked with blowers, blowing the snow out of the ST which is making it perfectly rideable.

The entrance to the venue is clear and has been gritted, so no issues in getting in and out the venue with the local roads all in good shape.

All in all the venue and course will be in great shape for you to enjoy no matter the weather, a great deal of time and effort has and is being put in to make your race experience very enjoyable.

See you on the day and have a great festive season.

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Yhanks for all the effort really looking forward to it

coopersport1
    Free Member

Can confirm loads of effort being put in to the course as usual, was up there yesterday and it’s riding really well. Shame I can’t make this one, unless anyone is travelling from Cornwall and back for the day?!!!

pants
    Free Member

And the work continues! Lots of grass now visible.

Dogsby

Pants,

Great to hear that the event is still running; see you there.

Dogsby

njee20
    Free Member

You gonna dry out the singletrack for us Pants!?

pants
    Free Member

I’m doing that as I go with my Snow blow backpack heater!! 5 STAR treatment for all! Lol.

All the cse prep thats gone in, no way it aint going ahead, bloody snow, but it soon goes with the help of a good blow!!!!!!:)

pants
    Free Member

Nick, were riding it Thurs PM,on my new bike(just me on my bike),check out THT.

njee20
    Free Member

Don’t think I can make Thursday unfortunately Si, remembered to enter this round though! Looking forward to it.

pants
    Free Member

Blimey! LoL I must say its a great course with some exciting features in it that will scare and excite all!!

njee20
    Free Member

Scary eh!? I look forward to mincing my round for a couple of hours! Hopefully I’ve not forgotten how to ride an MTB!

allthepies
    Free Member

Scare, on Ash Ranges ?

Presumably the ranges will be live firing on the day then 🙂

pants
    Free Member

Scare lol you’ll see, or should I say make you think a bit, on one section the chicken run is steep and will scare some people LoL.

all very enjoyable though!

DT78
    Free Member

Don’t suppose there is a gpx of the track?

pants
    Free Member

Will be on Thursday.

DT78
    Free Member

Cool, will it be posted on your website?

pants
    Free Member

Yepp the track will be up on thurs pm, fri am.

pants
    Free Member

A good 50%+ of the course has been cleared of Snow.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Running nicely tonight – good work Pants 🙂

pants
    Free Member

Thanks Dave, you helped too, Snow smasher!!!!! 🙂

Cse profile up soon!

pants
    Free Member
    Betamax
    Free Member

Is it as flat as it looks? I’m hoping so.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

No it isn’t! About 180m of climbing per lap from what I tracked last night. I think Pants has elevation correction switched off.

pants
    Free Member

Betamax – Member
    Is it as flat as it looks? I’m hoping so.

YOU WISH!!! for some strange reason Elevation not working on the 705!!!!????????

Some lovely climbs look at map mode and see how close the Contour lines are. Lol

DT78
    Free Member

I did think that was odd too 🙂

frogstomp

Would be interested to know what it’s looking like by the end of today.. we’ve got a bit of a thaw going on here (Whitchurch, Hants) with rain forecast overnight so I guess it might start getting a bit muddy / slushy..?

Looking forward to it though!

Yeh would like to know whats its like at mo too as went up Kingly Vale which is still snow bound but the rest is thawing to a sloppy mush

pants
    Free Member

The ST is pretty much all clear of Snow, so OK not bothered to clear the fire roads, so a bit slippy and slushy, but all is OK.

Its still thawing..

gee
    Free Member

Singletrack is in excellent condition – pretty much all dry and firm.

The fire roads are slippery – just take care!!!

Overtaking will be fun 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Gonna be a boggy mess now, maybe I shouldn’t bring the new bike, or the Racing Ralphs!

pants
    Free Member

Bloody Rain! Hopefully it did not get toooooo Muddy out there? Hope you enjoyed the Course.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Haha I did spot maybe one or two muddy sections – both about 3 miles long! At least it was handy for scrubbing off speed once my brakes were no longer functioning 😀

Plenty of fun bits though, even in the slop!

njee20
    Free Member

Such a shame really, would’ve been brilliant and fast even on Monday! Stupid weather! Good fun though, clearly didn’t put anyone off!

SiLanc
    Free Member

Lap by lap analysis now up…

Lap by Lap analysis of Merida Brass Monkeys round 2 by XcEnduro.co.uk

If anyone has a report, a few words on their performance (expletives optional) or some praise for the organisers I’d love to hear from you.

Has anyone seen any photos or video footage?

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Joolze’s photographs are here:
    http://www.joolzedymond.com/joolzeD/BrassMonkeys10_2.html

thanks to the organisers for another great course, shame about the rain.

Enjoyed the course only got 2 and a bit laps in before I decided to photocopy a tree onto my thigh using only force. Luckily there was plenty of snow around to reduce the swelling. 🙂

roll on r3…

pants
    Free Member

Series Points are now up!!!! GB will be happy for a change LoL!!

was it me or did anyone else see that interesting magazine article propped up on the tree at one of the first drop ins?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

We found that interesting magazine hidden in the undergrowth near the drop when recceing the course before Xmas. Seemed a shame not to make a trail feature out of it 😀

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘BRASS MONKEYS ROUND 2 COURSE UPDATE:’ is closed to new replies.