Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Brass monkey rnd 3 today!!!
  • DrP

Wear your wellies…
    Looks chuffing grim – see you there!

DrP

padkinson
    Free Member

Balls, my strategy of keeping stupidly un-grippy tyres on in the hope that the power of optimism would keep the rain at bay seems to have failed.
    See you there DrP

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

You won’t need a lot of tread over at Bosc even in the rain, it runs pretty rapid in most weathers apart from the fields if they use them. May wander over with dogs later to take a look at its a mile from my house.

And the car park is a huge Tarmac area too so don’t worry about that too.

Yak

Well, that was fun, tough but fun. Course was great – lots of short ‘n steep. No easy ground though – anything open was draggy. Think I came in 23rd vet 2hr.

Bpd- I think I saw you? 3 dogs?

dcarley
    Free Member

Couldn’t make the last round, but felt consoled by the weather this morning. Last lap of round 2 is still fresh in my memory.

pictonroad

Well done Dr P. Series single speed winner!

I think it’s time to treat oneself to that Pivot Les, winners don’t ride on one’s. (Well obviously technically they do, but, well, they shouldn’t, you get my point…)

padkinson
    Free Member

Kudos for slogging it out for the 4 hours DrP, and top job on the win!

Summer tyres did me quite well in the end, won the 2hr race after getting lost (leading the front group completely the wrong way) several times, and going headfirst into a puddle that was about 3 feet deep!
    Also just discovered that my lower MtZoom jockey wheel is a mangled mess 🙁
    Great fun though!

DrP

Well done on the win!

I really enjoyed this course – suited the ss and my riding style to a tee – short busty climbs, nice bit of tech etc 🙂

Chuffed with the series win – takeaway and wine to celebrate!!

No LES yet!

DrP

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Chuffing muddy. Slippy around the bends. Wore through my rear pads entirely! Nearly puked on lap 3. And that puddle…

DrP

That puddle :-/

On the last two laps I realised you could weave around the trees and ALMOST avoid it!

DrP

Andy

Well done Pidge.

MrA

Yak

Nice one padkinson and DrP.
    No way of avoiding the puddle of draggy gloopy doom. I just embraced it, jumped off and ran it for laps 2 and 3.

🙂

Should have rode a ss I think. Probably no finer ss course than that.

winterfold
    Free Member

I had a miserable first lap then embraced it and was enjoying it for most of the second and the third lap.

Which puddle are we talking about? There was one on a double track which would have made a respectable pond, a gnome with a fishing rod would have been a nice touch. you could just about avoid it, or there was a bit of singletrack which had turned into a stream which you definitely couldnt.

it was lashing down when I left home so I took the front wheel of my trail bike with a High Roller on and used it, the combination of loads of grip on the front and none at the back was fun some of the time. The High Roller wasnt so good in the quicksand though, more of a tunnelling device 🙂

charliemort

That quicksand is bad enough on a 45bhp ktm, let alone 1/2 ish Bhp of me

frogstomp

We were manning the mechanical support tent (Cycle Sphere). Well done to everyone who made it round – looked tough on bikes and bodies!

Hopefully it’ll be a bit drier when Gorrick return next month (Skedaddle series).

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Wasnt me with the three dogs Yak, I ended up going for a walk up at Redford instead as we’d rattled ourselves and the tandem around Blade at Afan on saturday.

Didnt realise that they were using that side of the road when theres so much on the other Kingsley side. Still its a good job they never thought Slab as an option as thats horrendous on a bike.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Brass monkey rnd 3 today!!!’ is closed to new replies.