Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Brant-Parkwood-
  • billyboy
    Free Member

-NICE ONE.

I’ve been riding it for about a month now and can’t really seriously fault it.

I don’t like mech hangers with tiny bolts and I don’t like integrated headsets, but it climbs well, it descends well, and it isn’t a harsh ride. The BB may be a tadge low for Lakeland rock and it may not be as fast as some, but I’m really pleased with it.

I have criticised you in the past over a small 456 with immediate chainsuck problems…so I figure, praise where praise is due.

Nice one. Thanks.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Maybe you should email him.

billyboy
    Free Member

I am but mortal man, and hath not the email details of gods!

ton

i got mine in september. i stripped it today, and sold it in bits.
    not that it is a bad bike, just that i did not feel right on it.

mattjg
    Free Member

good variety of opinions: there’s no point making a bland product that everyone likes a bit (but something else better). bland is over.

rOcKeTdOg

it may not be as fast as some,

Really? Nothing to do with the rider?

RobHilton
    Free Member

it may not be as fast as some,

Really? Nothing to do with the rider?

Surely he’s basing that statement on him being the rider of various bikes, so that would be a consistent element?

brant
    Free Member

Cheers

roach

Anybody ridden a 45650b and a parkwood? I’m due a new bike and am thinking one of these may fit the bill.

rOcKeTdOg

Surely he’s basing that statement on him being the rider of various bikes, so that would be a consistent element?

So it is to do with the rider then

austinburner
    Free Member

These kind of responses always spoil the post for me – nothing constructive or remotely helpful.

ton

the thing I like or dislike about posts like this, is that the neysayers will not have ridden said bike or used said product, so have pretty much no idea how it rides or performs.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

If I, OTOH, have ridden another Brant special, do I have the right to comment on how fast ton is?

ton

do I have the right to comment on how fast ton is?

you may, but remember downhill I might surprise you……. 😀

chestrockwell

My mate really likes his. I’ve had a few goes and it feels sweet. Would defo be on my list if I was in the market for a HT.

RobHilton
    Free Member

So it is to do with the rider then

No. It’s to do with comparing how fast different bikes are.

downhill I might surprise you

Quite a good chance – I was surprised/impressed 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

In a good or bad way?*

😉

PS my personal best is 9.81m/s^2

*EDIT: Ninja edit there – nice way to ruin the setup!

billyboy
    Free Member

I’m 57…………..how fast do you expect me to go?

superstu
    Free Member

Roach
    Ive ridden both-bought a 45650b a month ago, my brother has a parkwood.
    Both brilliant. 45650b slightly more nimble but not
    much in it and that may be more to do with builds (parkwood was built frame only).
    I got the 45650b just before they switched to SRAM transmission. Forks and deore kit is brilliant. The reverb on the parkwood is a nice tempter though.

Compared to previous bikes both were great fun and felt like you could battle your way through anything.
    Not helping you but I’d struggle to choose between them if buying again. Save fifty quid vs a dropper.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’m 57…………..how fast do you expect me to go?

<=9.81m/s^2

If you can beat that, please email me.

billyboy
    Free Member

Roach……..

I cannot comment on your query other than to say that I’ve owned a steel and a Ti 456 in 26″ wheel format, and this Parkwood. I got on better with the steel 456 than I did with the Ti, but I prefer the Parkwood to both.

I’ve only ridden one 650b bike and that was an Orange. I didn’t take to it.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Well done Billyboy and Brant too. I think its great we can come on here and offer real world feedback to designers/manufacturers.

DrP

Brant or chips… Brant or chips…?

DrP

Swayndo
    Free Member

Recently switched the gear over from my Fireline over to a Parkwood when a friend was selling his. I think I prefer the Parkwood. Something a little more direct about it and the slightly better clearance and lower head are cool. We’re gonna have fun together and the Fireline will be for sale soon.

rOcKeTdOg

Something a little more direct about it

It’s not faster though, some bloke on the internet said so (but you’re not allowed to dispute it apparently)

roach

Thanks for the opinions. Leaning to a Parkwood actually if I can wait until the Feb stock arrives as I already ride a Karate monkey.

akira

Got a 45650b set up with 26″ stuff and it’s going to get the slightly fat treatment at some point. Rides well and looks nice, can’t really fault it.

billyboy
    Free Member

allovertheplacedog

It does not feel as fast as my Anthem 29er……. It may be just as fast, but it does not ‘feel’ as fast.

In my opinion………….

But I still like it. I think it is a worthwhile bike.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Leaning to a Parkwood actually if I can wait until the Feb some time after April when we find the container stock arrives as I already ride a Karate monkey.

FIFY 😉

how many times have On-one had stuff in on time?

sq225917
    Free Member

Hang on, I think i know this one…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Brant-Parkwood-’ is closed to new replies.