Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brand x ascend dropper protection cap missing
  • cookci
    Free Member

Just opened the box and checked the instructions and it says there should be a protection cap for the lower mechanism (internal routed version)

Should this part be included or are the instructions out of date?

dougieb
    Free Member

The first ascend XL that I bought didn’t have one (or if it did I binned it with the box before fitting). I’ve just bought a second one that I will be fitting to a different bike this weekend. I’ll have a look to see if the cap is included. However, I wouldn’t worry about it, I can’t see it providing any worthwhile protection, in fact even if one is included I doubt I would use it.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Like a rubber cap that protects in transit? If it’s not damaged, don’t fret.

vmgscot

My recently purchased XL never had the lower cover.

cookci
    Free Member

No it goes on after the cable. Probably protects against dirt/water

darrenspink
    Free Member

Mine didn’t have one either, not bothered.

cx_monkey

mine didn’t either – I called Hotlines to see if it should, they said they don’t, and couldn’t really explain why it was shown in the manual. They also don’t have it as a spare, even if you did want one.

but, mine is exposed at the bottom and has been covered in crap and water, on many, many occasions over the last 2 months – it’s kept working no probs. I do give it a little squirt of GT85 after the bike gets washed down. If you’ve a sealed seat tube, I reckon it’ll be fine for ages, but maybe a little coating of light grease for peace of mind?

cookci
    Free Member

Cheers guys you save me a call 🙂

dhrider
    Free Member

On my instructions it said the cap was optional so maybe yours had slightly older instructions or something.

Its not needed anyway so just fire on ahead without it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brand x ascend dropper protection cap missing’ is closed to new replies.