Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Brand new species of mountain bike…
  • 1000volts
    Free Member

I’m thinking out a new design.. One that will take the rocks three times better and safer than the present style bike…

I needs to know how strong welds need to be, to take full weight rider and bike slamming onto a boulder, and bouncing off, without stressing the welds..?
    What kind of weld would that be..?
    What is the ultimate tubing composition for hard shock bumps..?
    What should the maximum weight of the bike be..?
    Should the seat be designed for comfort more than versatility..?
    Which are the best handlebars to do the quickest safest most accurate directional modifications..?
    Would metal knee guards only get in the way..?
    Would knuckle guards get in the way..?
    Does anyone wear plastic knee protectors on roughest terrains..?
    …I recall back when my front brake cable got caught in a bolt, suddenly totally locking up at 35-m’s per h.. is when ones finds them-self flying.. and the tell-tale sensations of “road rash” heating-up hands and leg(s), as I took the longest time to skid to a halt, on tarmac. thinking while I’m skidding, “This would be sure a good time to have gloves with steel buttons or tiny wheels and knee pads with steel buttons or tiny wheels”.. whilst trying to determine which other part of me should I use as brakes next, given that my leg feels like it’s now shaving off the last layer of skin..?
    What do you think of “tiny concealed smooth running bearings, on gloves and knee pads, and on the boot toe”..? If I had have had bearings on my wrists, knees, and toes, I wouldn’t have even got a scratch from the road-slide.. It would have just been an exciting rush…

maccruiskeen

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB3bf2oeOQo&feature=channel[/video]

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

One problem – Nobody will want, or buy a bike or kit like that becasue it will be so heavy! There’s a fine line to tread between weight and strength and modern bikes/kit cut it well enough…… 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

quickest safest most accurate directional modifications

erm, I laughed at that.

Not meaning to sound disrespectful, but is this for real?

Jamie
    Free Member

Should the seat be designed for comfort more than versatility..?

Oh versatility definitely….. 8)

Drac

Previously 1000volts designed cars, here’s his very popular design.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Brand new species of mountain bike…’ is closed to new replies.