Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Brand new reverb seized/ not moving
  • Lummox

Picked up a reverb from crc for a super bargainacious price, received today and in excitement pressed the remote lever and …. Nothing

Post wouldn’t move and neither would remote button.

Now I know I can ping this straight back to crc for exchange, but I’m hoping it’s a real simple thing that I can quickly and simply sort and keep hold of my super bargain ( although admittedly its just an expensive fixed seatpost currently)

Post is a 30.9 420mm with 125mm drop, 2012 checked post pressure and it’s 200psi

Suggestions?

gamo
    Free Member

Bleed is easy!

Lummox

Well that’s where I was headed but typically I bought the post without a bleed kit, so gotta source one of those now. Shouldn’t really be required on a brand new out the packet post though, or have others suffered similar?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    postierich
    Free Member

Did you sit on it ? 😉

Lummox

Well, yes but here’s the interesting bit, the frame it’s for hasn’t arrived yet so it was ‘fitted’ to a workshop bike stand and sat on, but it did have my weight on it. ( it is a kestrel bike stand)

Dylan08
    Free Member

Just needs a bleed by the sounds of it mate

geologist
    Free Member

Yes mate, I have two reverbs, one for each bike.

The second one I bought worked like a dream straight out of the box, and has hard a hard winters use, and still works like a dream, however !!!!!! The first one I bought was like yours, it was solid straight out of the box (I couldnt move it even 1mm), I bled it and it sorted it out, that one needs bleeding every few weeks to keep it plush.

Lummox

cool cheers guys, good news bad news really.

Found a bleed kit with the 2.5wt oil for £15 so it’s not too bad, fingers crossed it sorts it, have to say i’m a little dissapointed given the cost. Have pinged fishers an enquiry email and hoping they suggest sending it in to them.

Thanks for your help all

shinsplints

I’m on my second. First one, ridden once & moved up & down if you grabbed the seat. Lever no wormy. SRAM repaired it. Came back the same ! Now on warranty replacement & seems ok.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Where did you get the bleed kit at that price?

Lummox

Bleed kit

found a link on someone elses thread whilst searching for info

Onzadog
    Free Member

cheers mate.

Lummox

just an update, no reply from silverfish so far and it definately isn’t a bleeding issue after doing it twice.

Will call silverfish and see what they suggest next week

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Call us (Silverfish) if you like – we’re always happy to chat, but to be honest you’ll be better off calling Fishers as they’re the RS distributor not us. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Brand new reverb seized/ not moving’ is closed to new replies.