Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Brand new GoPro fault…bugger! (TEL fault)
  • spooky_b329

Got a shiny new Gopro 960 today. Played around with it a little, then made the mistake of trying to connect it to the TV via the supplied leads (as per the instructions).

The TV wouldn’t display a picture, and the camera is now stuck in TEL mode. It freezes, I have to take the battery out to turn it off, when I turn it back on, SD card or no SD card, TV plugged in or not plugged in, it reverts back to TEL mode. And then freezes again, the buttons will bleep but have no effect. There are a few other instances of this happening…it appears it if you search Google, will have to be returned apparently 🙁

Thankfully I have found a temporary fix, turning the Live Feed On (default is Off) allows the camera to operate normally (change default LFF to LFO). Not checked the clips are recording yet but the camera appears to be operating as it should.

My gf is doing a cross country event on her horse tomorrow and the plan is to use the chest mount whilst she is completing the course. Will be pretty miffed if it doesn’t work 🙁

Anyone else had any problems?

comedyphil
    Free Member

There’s a pretty decent consumer gopro forum, I found this – seems you’re not alone!

http://goprouser.freeforums.org/stuck-in-tel-television-mode-t805.html

Hope that helps

spooky_b329

Thanks for that link, I’d not seen that thread.

Bit crap to spend £200 and then be scared of plugging it into the TV. Only did it as I’ve never seen HD on my telly 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Brand new GoPro fault…bugger! (TEL fault)’ is closed to new replies.