Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Braking barriers
  • verses

One of my ageing XT levers (M775 I think) has packed in, I’m not feeling too flush with cash at the moment, and it’s only for my “spare” bike, so am looking to replace them with a set of the Deore M615.

I’ve seen a pair at a cracking price but am confused by this in the description “180mm post to post mount front”.

My fork has IS mounts and an adaptor between the mount and the brake.

– Is a 180mm IS post mount the standard fitting for Shimano front brakes, meaning my mount will be a straight swap?
    or…
    – Is this some weird OEM size that’s going to need a different mount and cause me a load of headache?

Cheers,
    Verses

Junkyard
    Free Member

I assume it comes with a 180 mm post to post brake mount but a link would be useful

somouk
    Free Member

180 mm post mount brakes are pretty standard these days.

IS mounts on forks went out a few years ago.

verses

Here’s the linky, but please don’t buy them all before I’ve had dibs! 🙂

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BCSHOEMDE/shimano-deore-br-m615-disc-brake-set-without-rotor

nickjb
    Free Member

Shimano calipers are pretty standard. It sounds like this one comes with a 180mm post mount adapter you don’t need. You should be able to use your existing adapter with the new caliper.

verses

Shimano calipers are pretty standard.

That’s what I’m hoping… 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes its just a post mount caliper with a 180 mount

verses

UPDATE

Everyone who said it was a post-mount supplied with a 180 mounting bracket was correct, hooray!

They arrived yesterday and are now all set up and running with my old 160 mount. Can’t really tell that much difference between them and the M785 brakes on my “good” bike!
    The photo’s wrong, as the covers of the levers are silver rather than black, but that’s suits my bike better anyway 🙂

Bargain-tastic!

Anyone want to buy a set of XT M775 brakes where the front needs bleeding after every ride? 😐

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Braking barriers’ is closed to new replies.