Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Brakes – What's considered good these days?
  • Spud

Thinking about swapping my XT765 for something some more umph.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Keep you calipers and stuff and swap to some of the 775 Servo Wave levers. Will improve your brakes loads

jam-bo

Will old shimano calipers work with the new levers?

Mate of mine is seriously impressed with the new saints, except he is complaining that he keeps hitting corners to slow now…

Spud

I've some Formula K18 on an XC HT which I'm impressed with, mmight be worth a punt on some more of those.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Yeah, they will. There is no difference except finish really between the previous XT caliper and the new ones.

markenduro
    Free Member

Keep your exisitng xts and put some big rotors on, 205mm make a massive difference.

tails
    Free Member

servo wave saint or xt i reckon, formula look lovely but i have never tried them.

pinches
    Free Member

the XT servo waves are great, but, i can't tell the difference between them and my SLX's

qwerty
    Free Member

chakaping
    Free Member

Minimal difference in performance between new XT and SLX, IMO – but it is noticeable.

But I also have previous gen XT brakes on a bike, and wouldn't upgrade to new XT for the sake of it. Maybe try bigger discs first as someone said?

Hope Tech M4's here with braided hoses and floating 203/180mm rotors.

They are immense in comparison to the Juicy 5's on my previous bike.

nbt

Tried some Formula "the one"s. They were quite stoppy. Almost lost a testicle through my mouth I stopped so fast 😯

Kramer
    Free Member

nbt, was that Sharkymark's bike?

Was just about to recommend them myself.

Spud

Wonder when the 2010 'One' will be available….

nbt

nbt, was that Sharkymark's bike?

That's the one. Far stoppier than the Hope Tech X2s I have just acquired

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Second bigger discs as the cheap option!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Brakes – What's considered good these days?’ is closed to new replies.