Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Brakes
  • heckler73
    Free Member

ok, i hav several bikes, ive one with hope m4s past 9 years, no problems just pad replacement,and two with either hayes and avid juicy, the hayes piston keeps sticking, lbs tell me they are crap, the avids i dont like, and bleed screw is knurled now, crap…..
    so im going to get another pair of hopes for my heckler and transplant older ones to my ht, before i do that what like are saint brakes or shimano xt, have never had either and wondering if they are worth checking out ? any positive feedback appreciated, wow mega hot up here in the highlands, AWESOME………..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Gone from Old M4’s to the new tech ones, same bombproof hope really. Plenty of power and the new adjustment is good for Bite Point and reach. The drilled out finger point in the lever is great for grip in all weather, don’t need to worry about finger moving. Running them with 200mm’s on a 36 lb build. If you can match the rotor colours to hubs then they look even better. Just got some matched red ones on the missus bike 🙂

Heard the Saints are mega powerful but tried the servowave thing and didn’t like it as much. Also levers are made of cheese and a pain to swap.

Fitted the Tech M4’s in Saite Foy in July and only changed pads since.

heckler73
    Free Member

thanks ,looks like i will get another set of hopes then, cool

STATO
    Free Member

Shimano SLX, so much power, lots of control and utterly reliable. Oh, and half the price of hopes.

transapp
    Free Member

Just fitted the new xt’s brilliant is all I’d say. Loads of power and bloody good modulation despite what I’ve read on here.
    Very happy with mine.

heckler73
    Free Member

hhhmmm decisions decisions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Brakes’ is closed to new replies.