Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brake sizing Post Mount confusion – 6/7/or 8 inches???
  • dazzlingboy

Normally quite good at this sort of thing but now confused. 🙁

Looking at some of these Magura Louise brakes on the CRC sale, but confused about sizes.

I have a Fox float 32 140 fork (2010) with PM. I’d like a 180 or 203 rotor. But do I need 6, 7 or 8 inch mounting?

Thanks!

dazzlingboy

Anyone? 🙁

bigyinn
    Free Member

You don’t. If you use a 180 or 203mm disc you need a PM to PM mount adapter for 180 or 203mm. (assuming the std caliper without adapter uses 160mm discs)

dazzlingboy

So how come there are options for a 6″ PM 203, 7″ PM 203 and 8″ PM 203 (and 6 & 7 PM 180s)? I’m maybe missing something 😳

mboy
    Free Member

Those brakes come with the corresponding adapter and rotor by the looks of things.

So if you want a 180 up front, order a 180 (7″) post mount front… Likewise if you decide you actually want a 203, then order the 203 (8″) post mount front.

dazzlingboy

I’m not sure we’re getting any closer! What you say mboy makes perfect sense to me.

But why in that case are there both 7″ 203, and 8″ 203?!

dazzlingboy

well, just ordered – slightly randomly but as an educated guess – so we’ll see if what arrives fits.

nmdbase
    Free Member

🙄

khani
    Free Member

Not all post mount forks are the same, some (magura thors I think) come with 180 post mounts (no adapter needed for 180mm rotors) some with the standard 160mm post mounts (same as your fox) ie’ no adapter needed for 160mm rotors and need adapters for bigger rotors
    Edit you need the 6 inch 203 one, the 7inch 203 is for the larger post mount size

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brake sizing Post Mount confusion – 6/7/or 8 inches???’ is closed to new replies.