Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Brake pads, recommendations?
  • simonb512
    Free Member

So I managed to get through my rear brake pads at MM.

Im running SLX brakes, but I'm not sure what pads to go for. I presume I want sintered pads? But any suggestions as to specific pads?

The stock Shimano ones lasted me about a quarter, riding daily (although only riding anything harder than gentle XC once a week).

I've previously had good experiences with Fibrax pads, but this was years ago and I can barely remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

enfht
    Free Member

Superstar pads consistently get great reviews on STW 😛

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

do they enfit? Really? have a google. They get very polarised views

for me OE pads or at a pinch one of the major manufacturers. EBC or similar

enfht
    Free Member

TJ, get back on your perch 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Under my bridge do you mean?

stumpy01

HA HA……SSC get your tin hat out!!

I have been using Superstar Components brake pads for over 3 yrs now and have never had any problems with them at all and that's included 2 weeks of dragging my brakes down Spanish hillsides……I put a set on my bike in about April last year and they lasted until Feb time I think.
    They last well provided you bed them in, are at least as good performance-wise as the stock Avid pads and last longer.

I normally use their organic pads, but am going to try some sintered ones soon – I need to order some today.

ross980
    Free Member

Fibrax sintered on my Shimano brakes. Thoroughly recommended

snowslave

superstar kevlar are great.

simonb512
    Free Member

I am hearing a lot of mixed reviews of SuperStar's pads/general stuff. Plus the pads I want are out of stock on the SSC website.

So for the mean time I'll stick to what I know and go Fibrax then. 🙂

nodrog2
    Free Member

Found the ashima SOS pads to be very good, loads of bite and good life span, not particularly cheap though.

retro83
    Free Member

superstar kevlar are great.

Yep, really good for me so far. Before that I had over a year out of my SS sintered and they still look to have about 50% left in them.

Zoolander
    Free Member

The superstar organic pads felt great but were made of cheese. The sintered ones last well even in the winter but don't have the same bite. The Kevlar ones are best of both worlds though and the current set are lasting for ages. ( they are also red which means you go faster)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Brake pads, recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.