Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Brake pads for Whistler bike park
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I have some Shimano Saint disc brakes (not the new versions) as was wondering what pads to use. Any recommendations?

I would be willing to try non-shimano ones as Shimano pads are extremely spendy.

mikey74
    Free Member

shameless bump

grumm
    Free Member

Used Avid sintered and non-sintered Superstar ones for while with no problems. The sintered ones seem to make my brakes squeal but work fine.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

I had those same brakes when I went to Morzine a few years ago. I used the shimano ‘super soft resin’ pads which were great and lasted about four to five days of 6 ish hours a day downhilling. They were about £12 per pair rather than £20 for the sintered.

I’ve also used the goodridge resin pads out in Morzine and they were pretty good.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks Andy, I was thinking of using the resin ones, instead of the sintered, although I think they are more expensive then that now 🙄

AndyPaice
    Free Member

the shimano ‘super soft resin’ are even softer than the standard resin pads. Not sure that many places sell them but it’s worth a look around to find a couple of sets.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for the info Andy, I’ll have a look around.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Brake pads for Whistler bike park’ is closed to new replies.