• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brake pads (Can of worms content)
  • nbt

Need some new pads – some Hope X2 and some Avid Juicy 3s. Was thinking of DiscoBrakes.com, but they don't do "mix and match" packs – just four of a kind. Are superstar pads still viewed with mistrust? there, I can get a "four pack" with two of each.

What are delivery times like for the two? Ideally could do with getting the pads this week

cheers

tragically1969
    Free Member

Never had a problem with susperstar stuff, they allow you to mix pairs, usually deliver within a few days

glenp
    Free Member

I've always supported Superstar, but the most recent batch I got the clips don't fit around the pad material properly and therefore won't fit inside the caliper (Shimano). Might just be the first pair I tried, and I did solve it by just leaving the spring clip out – otherwise they are a good product and last for ages.

njee20
    Free Member

I'm a big fan of Superstar kevlar pads in my Elixirs and XX brakes, excellent power and longevity for next to nowt, can't complain!

grumm
    Free Member

I think they're fine – been using the Kevlar ones lately which are great imo.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ditto, the 'pad' on the organic pads is too big for the springs in shimano brakes, even shimano springs dont fit.

Means they rub slightly as the spring is deformed a bit, but no problems in use to report so far.

robbo1234biking

I found the pad material too big on my Hope Mono Mini pads as well so looks like it could be a re-occurring problem.

Delivery is very quick however and they did replace the non fitting pads.

Junkyard
    Free Member

think most people agree the pads are ok the owner a fool and the rest of the stuff of variable quality.

nbt

ta. 4pack of organic from superstar it is!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brake pads (Can of worms content)’ is closed to new replies.