Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Brake pads?? Best ones
  • jonnyrockymountain

I have just done a 30 mile ride today with brand new superstar Kevlar pads in.the rear pads are all about completely worn and the front pads more the half worn, must admit they were very good for stopping power. But what pads are the best?

jonba
    Free Member

sintered if you are getting through pads that fast.

JohnB
    Free Member

Magura pads (assuming you are using Magura brakes). Mine last ages and I can never understand all the talk of wearing a set of pads out in a ride talk.

MartynS

I’ve been using clarkes pads in my juciy7’s
    Think I got 2 pairs for £15 from 18bikes.
    They seem to last a good length of time..

Oh they are sintered if that makes a difference.

Northwind

You’re going to have lifespan issues with any pad if you don’t bed it in right- and unless you’re riding with really gritty mud, that’s probably what’s happened here.

wiltsrider
    Free Member

I’ve been using clarkes pads in my juciy7’s

I’d second the Clarkes pads too… I think it was £8 per wheel + a free gear cable @ CRC?

br
    Free Member

Pad life just depends.

The 2 pairs of Superstars I’ve had in for 6 months destroyed themselves on one wet evening ride last week.

And I like the kevlar Superstar ones, and at £25 for 4 are good value.

MartynS

You’re going to have lifespan issues with any pad if you don’t bed it in right- and unless you’re riding with really gritty mud, that’s probably what’s happened here.

Now I never really bother with bedding in pads..I give them a very quick rub on the floor to rough them up a bit then ride them. Never seemed to have a problem, and never worried about lifespan. I ride in he dark peak mainly so it’s not kind to pads…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Brake pads?? Best ones’ is closed to new replies.