Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • brake pad help please..
  • dubber71
    Free Member

Hi all, im after a new set of brake pads for my 2012 cube ltd sl, for the winter anyone have an idea of what to go for, its a daily rider in all conditions.
    never had to buy any before so dont really know where to start,I copied the brake details from the tredz website below.
    Front Brake: Shimano Deore XT K-M7851 hydr. Discbrake 180mm

Rear Brake: Shimano Deore XT K-M7851 hydr. Discbrake 160mm

any help is much appreciated and if you have time to put a link to what i need that would be great.
    thanks for your time….Paul

mikewsmith
    Free Member

These should be the standard shimano replacement
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/shimano-slx-m666-675-xt-m785-disc-pads/rp-prod92721
    Many other brands available and various assorted prices. Then there is the finned version of the shimano which is probably total overkill.

dubber71
    Free Member

thanks for the reply mike, would probably go for the finned version for a couple of extra quid, which should be these one’s
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-shimano-xtr-xt-pads-cooling-fin/rp-prod61810?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom&gs=1&gclid=CMfAsMnI_sECFe3LtAodhnAAkg&gclsrc=aw.ds

that right? thanks again..Paul

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d wait for confirmation from someone else but I think they are right (matches the code) but the fins are probably a waste of money unless you are cooking them down long alpine runs and are a serial brake dragger.

You could also pick a set up in any bike shop today.

Duffer
    Free Member

I’d recommend Superstar Components for brake pads. 4 sets for 20ish quid, and you’ll have some spares for the Camelback. I’ve been using them for years.

Don’t forget to bed them in though, or they’ll be ruined after one ride; especially in this weather.

nickjb
    Free Member

I just use superstar Kevlar. As above £25 for 4 sets. Finned pads might help in the Alps but are not really needed for general riding (I’ve not really felt the need in the Alps either)

matther01
    Free Member

Don’t bother with the finned pads. Superstar or uberbike IME.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘brake pad help please..’ is closed to new replies.