Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Brake caliper rubbing on top of disk
  • damo2576
    Free Member

Hi,
    Just swapped calipers from one frame to another.
    Aside from the fixing bolts being a little long and touching the disk which I can easily remedy by getting shorter bolts, the outer edge of the disk is rubbing on the inside of the caliper.
    Its like the caliper is a couple of mm to close in the direction shown.
    How can I rectify or have I done something wrong?
    Thanks!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

have you got all the correct washers in the correct order? Put another washer in between the mount and the caliper?

ash.addy
    Free Member

That will do it..

richmars

Also washers under the other bolts will stop them hitting the disk. (Saves getting shorted bolts.)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sounds very much like your IS disc tabs are not in the IS position! Still, as above, a shim or two under the conical washer stack will solve your problems.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

you are missing a washer below the caliper and above the tri align conical and convex washers on both bolts.

damo2576
    Free Member

you are missing a washer below the caliper and above the tri align conical and convex washers on both bolts.

Thanks – can you show me a pic?

I must always have been missing them then – just swapped over from another bike, haven’t even undone those bolts!

Onzadog
    Free Member

There’s nothing missing. There are supposed to be cup – cone -caliper – cone – cup – washer – bolt. From the pic, it looks like you’ve got what should be there. However, it seems the frame mounts are a little too low which is why the rotor rubs. A thin washer under the to stacks will sort it.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

onzadog – mine come with a washer at the top and bottom (juicys and elixirs)

Kahurangi

Onzadog, racing_ralph – My 2 sets of Juicy’s are missing those inner washers too. Explains why the pads are contacting just inside of the centreline of the rotor surface….?

damo2576
    Free Member

We need pics of the missing washers!

slackman99
    Free Member

I wouldn’t go by that pic necessarily. Only 9 washers/cups/cones for 2 bolts?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Good point, I saw the two washers that sit under the bolt head. I can’t find any pictures of them coming with more washers unless people have put them there.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Brake caliper rubbing on top of disk’ is closed to new replies.