Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Brainstorming Chipps' big idea.
  • Sirneildementure
    Free Member

So, Chipps is thinking of riding all the routes in the VG book over the next couple of years. There are only 27 and it's quite possible to do two of the smaller ones in a day. The big ones can be done in the warm long days of summer (don't laugh). Should be quite possible to do them all inside 12 months.

Anyone fancy having a crack at it? Start next January with the low level, short day stuff.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Darling I am going to ride all the 27 ntrail centres this year, you dont mind if I dont see you or the children at the weekend next year, your so understanding!

tracknicko
    Free Member

sounds fun. 27 trail centres? or 27 trails?

rockitman

Presume this is the red route at all trail centres? Is it just Trail Centres in England?

Was there an original post I can look at?

Sorry for all the questions, but I might well be interested in doing this.

Lucas
    Free Member

27 routes in the lake district from a guide book, no mention of trail centres in the original post!

Sirneildementure
    Free Member

27 trail centres? No thank you. I presume you've not read the book.

Oh well. A good idea scuppered by ignorant comments.

MrSparkle

What's the 'VG book'?

grumm
    Free Member

Vertebrate Graphics guide to the Lake District presumably.

I've done most of them I think, and mostly within about a year.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Am I missing something or is that not much of a challenge? 27 trails some of which can be done 2 in a day in a year?

justme
    Free Member

one lakes trip a fortnight for a year whilst trying to fit life etc in as well
    prob would prove a challenge for those with children type family comittments (sp) and those who had to travell any distance to get there.
    chipps however does have a slight advantage i feel!!
    could be tempted tho sounds good to me g

meeeee
    Free Member

i'd be up for doing them as well, even if they are on my doorstep! Might find some trails i've never ridden before.

trout
    Free Member

Be more of a challange to do both Jeremy Ashcrofts books on a rigid ss

nbt

Sir Neil Dementure – Member

Well, if you;d specified which VG book you meant it might have been more helpful…

vinnyeh

which VG book? it'd be a damned big challenge to do them all.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Sir Neil Dementure – Member

slight over-reaction perhaps!? esp as the OP doesn't specify which of the VG books it is (not that i've ever heard of VG books, but judging from the other comments)…

Stoner
    Free Member

Ignorance is an amazing thing. Especially rude ignorance.

VG Guidebooks Mountain Biking Trail Centres
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=32333

crazy-legs

It's a news item / comment on the front page but it seems a lot of people only ever come to the forum which is a shame – there's a lot more to the site than just a page to slag everyone off! 😉

STORY

Chipps' comment – to ride every one of the 27 featured routes in the Vertebrate Graphics Lake District guide book over the course of a year.

Am I missing something or is that not much of a challenge? 27 trails some of which can be done 2 in a day in a year?

Not difficult no but some people need to fit that in around life/a job/travel etc.

grumm
    Free Member

Ignorance is an amazing thing. Especially rude ignorance.

VG Guidebooks Mountain Biking Trail Centres
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=32333

Er….. no 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

😕 ?

grumm
    Free Member

Well that's not the book that the OP or Chipps was referring to. They were talking about the Lakes VG Guide. Or were you suggesting that the OP was being ignorant in assuming that people would know he meant that and not the trail centres one?

😕

Stoner
    Free Member

Or were you suggesting that the OP was being ignorant in assuming that people would know he meant that and not the trail centres one?

yep, as is very clear from the posts above. And being rude about it was uncalled for.

grumm
    Free Member

Yeah I suppose this does seem like a new level of touchiness, even for STW. 😛

I guess he was assuming everyone would have read the news article AND the comments for some reason.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Wouldn't it make most sense if people aimed to do all the routes from whichever book they live closest to? Rather than all heading up a zillion miles to the Lake District. It would seem silly for me to aim to do a load of rides in the Lake District when the Peak District is a couple of miles ride away.

Joe

p.s. Where is the news article? was it on the front page earlier?

crazy-legs

p.s. Where is the news article? was it on the front page earlier?

See my post up there ^^ for the link…

rockitman

Ignorant–adjective 1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.

Had the OP included a bit more info in his post we might not have looked so ignorant. The story is about the 5th or 6th one down on the homepage and isn't entitled 'Chipps' Big Idea' so chances of finding it unless you'd read it already were slim. I know this as I looked before posting and subsequently asking for a link to the story.

GlennG
    Free Member

Who's Chipps??

Stoner
    Free Member

Chipps:

Jenga
    Free Member

An excellent idea. Something I was thinking of having a go at. OP, you have mail. I'm thinking of approaching VG to see if they have .gpx files that they could supply; a lot of routes can be combined so cutting down the days needed to complete. Even if not it's only once a fortnight max, so that's easy to fix.

Go for it.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Brainstorming Chipps' big idea.’ is closed to new replies.