Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Braided Hose Question
  • Conespanner

I've damaged my goodridge hose and it needs replacing. I see I can buy cheap lengths of hope braided off the web without fittings. Is the hope hose interchangable with goodridge fittings?

nickc

nope (unsurprisingly)

coatesy
    Free Member

As far as I know it's the same stuff, certainly the three rolls we have in the workshop look identical bar the logos printed on them.

oxnop
    Free Member

I've just replaced my hope braided hose with goodridge stuff- used the hope fittings and no probs at all.

isibson
    Free Member

Yes. I bought a set of second hand brakes fitted with goodridge hoses, and there was one bad fitting – I replaced it with a fitting from my HEL set. All of these braided hoses are basically the same stuff.

vikingboy
    Free Member

goodridge hose is avalable per metre from CRC too if you want to stick to what you know. Not sure if theres much diff but just FYI

linky

Northwind

I know that for motorbike stuff, HEL use Goodridge hoses, so does just about everyone else… There are other manufacturers but even they tend to build to Goodridge specs for interchangability, you can't sell a lot of hose if it doesn't fit the unions everyone in the world uses. I can't say for sure but I'd assume that it's the same for pushirons.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Braided Hose Question’ is closed to new replies.