Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Braemar route query
  • shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Hello all,

Just wondering – on the Bealach Dearg between Braemar and Tomintoul there are a couple of paths heading off the main track off Culardoch down to the River Gairn. One follows the Allt na Claise Moire (OS 43 gr 180982) while one begins a little further and higher up although they seem to rejoin. Anyone ridden either of these and care to suggest which is better? I’d rather do one of these if they’re decent than batter down the fireroad toward Loch Builg. Cheers!

poly
    Free Member

shortbread – we did this in the opposite direction a few weeks ago (Tomintoul -Braemar). We were following someone else on here’s route and as we were going up hill were happy to stick to the landrover track. Ground was quite wet when we were up there and suspect those single track routes would have been boggy. Suspect if we were to do it in reverse we would still stick to the main track – but someone with greater skill, fitness and not trying to squeeze 120 miles into 3 days might be more adventurous.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah, when I used to ride up there more regularly I was normally heading south. I doubt they’d be an option in that direction, too steep probably to ride up.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Bump. Any of the day shift ridden the paths in question?

notlocal
    Free Member

If you can wait for me to finish nights, I’ll take a spin out for you on Monday and have a look. I live in Braemar so will ask around some of the lads I ride with too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Braemar route query’ is closed to new replies.