Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bradley Smith
  • Woody
    Free Member

Old news now but I’ve only just watched the Japan coverage and interview, so congratulations to him on his new contract.

Seems like a very grounded young bloke and a highly talented rider. Like his attitude too.

iDave
    Free Member

He’s mad keen on cycling too, and motocross, which nearly makes him a mountain biker

MSP

He needs big bushy sideburns, he’ll achieve nothing until he grows big bushy sideburns!

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Wont be good enough for moto gp though. He simply isnt in same class as marquez, bradl, iannone, terol.

like crutchlow’s comments about aoyama in MCN “he’s a nobber, I’ll smoke him” Come first test in valencia he could nt follow him for more than 3 laps. Fear Crutchlow may go the way of toseland.

iDave
    Free Member

A three year deal is virtually unheard of, suggesting that his team my have had more insight into his talent than MarginWalker 😉

If he was on a Suter rather than a Tech3 Sunday may have been a different result.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

He’s very fast over a single lap but when it comes to the race he always seems to lack that extra bit that the top 4 have and quite often makes bad tyre choices too. Can see Scott Redding doing well in motoGP though.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    A three year deal is virtually unheard of, suggesting that his team my have had more insight into his talent than MarginWalker

ha ha …I would hope they have more insight than me.

He has never set the world alight though … very rarely been the quickest in his team, let alone the grid.Only won 2 or 3 times in all classes and seems to have been riding forever.

I like the guy and he’s progressing well, just doesnt strike me as someone who will hit the top echelon of whatever category he is in.

(Edit: imagine next year when GP expands and a lot the talent in 2 move up. Gonna be a lot of talent in the top class by the time Bradley moves)

Pigface
    Free Member

Yep have to agree lacks that 1% that will make him a MotoGP winner.

Woody
    Free Member

I’m happy to wait and let him prove his talent (as is both his team and himself). He could do with a couple more wins under his belt but he is also very consistent and has a wise enough head on his shoulders to recognise when it’s better to get on the podium than crash and burn trying to always win

Copied from his website – not exactly the record of someone who lacks the 1%.

# Smith’s second place in the final championship standings in 2009 is the best performance across all solo classes of GP racing since Barry Sheene was second to Kenny Roberts in the 1978 500cc world championship.
    # His second place finish in the 2009 championship is the best performance by a British rider in the 125cc class since Chas Mortimer was second to Kent Andersson in 1973.
    # Bradley Smith finished on the podium nine times last year. This is the highest number of podiums by a British rider across all solo classes since Phil Read had eight podium finishes in the 500cc class in 1975.
    # It is also the highest number of podium finishes by a British rider in the 125cc class since Chas Mortimer finished on the podium ten times in 1972.
    # Bradley Smith scored a total of 223.5 points during the 2009 season. This is the highest number of Grand Prix points ever achieved by a British rider in a single season.
    # At the Spanish GP last year Bradley Smith became the second youngest British rider to win a Grand Prix, after Scott Redding who won at Donington in 2008.

uplink
    Free Member

He should do very well indeed, looking forward to see how it goes for him

# Bradley Smith scored a total of 223.5 points during the 2009 season. This is the highest number of Grand Prix points ever achieved by a British rider in a single season.

Bit of an odd one to include for comparison given that they get a lot more points now and compete in more races

# At the Spanish GP last year Bradley Smith became the second youngest British rider to win a Grand Prix, after Scott Redding who won at Donington in 2008.

How old was Alan Carter when he won the French GP back in 83[ish]?
    First [EDIT 2nd] GP he ever entered too, last he ever won though

Woody
    Free Member

How old was Alan Carter when he won the French GP back in 83

Both 18 according to Wiki and MotoGP

Pigface
    Free Member

but the truth is he should of won more in his last season of 125’s his @prilla was the full works kit. For me he just doesn’t have it when it comes down to bashing fairings, Redding does though but hasnt got the backing.

Woody
    Free Member

Possibly but next year should be interesting as he’ll want to start winning before he moves up.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bradley Smith’ is closed to new replies.