Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bradford to sheffield off road suggestions please.
  • dannymite1981
    Free Member

Hi,
    i am thinking of mountain biking bradford to sheffield after i finish work on friday but could do with some help defining a route.I would like to incorporate cut gate somehow but if thats taking me miles out of my way ill give it a miss.I will be starting at cooper lane bradford if its any help.cheers

cp

crikey, what time do you finish work? It’s a chuff of a long way off road…

woody2000

I’ll start you off 🙂

Down through Judy Woods to Norwood Green.

Over A58 and down/up Till Carr Lane. Right at Sun Inn and up to Lightcliffe School, turn left down Coach Rd. At end of Coach Road turn right and follow road round to roundabout, take 3rd exit. To end of road, go straight across and into houses, pick up FP down fenceline and take obvious gap through the wall into the woods.

Follow woods all the way to the end, and at the end go hard right down the hill. At bottom of hill (200 yds, sometimes an AA van parked there) there’s an obvious track, follow that down to industrial estate and make your way out.

You’ll be by the Red Rooster pub in Brighouse. You could pick up the canal pretty much all the way to Mirfield, then greenway to Huddersfield. Or if you look for the Mirfield woods thread, you could pick a route from Mirfield towards Flockton and go from there. I could describe a route from Brighouse to Flockton pretty much all offroad, but it would take me a long time!

Anyway, there you go, that’s about 1/3 the way there 😉

Over to someone else for the next section

Rscott
    Free Member

flockton to emley, drop down to Denby dale and then pick up the trans peninne way to sheffield.

dannymite1981
    Free Member

I finish work at around 2pm friday,i might have bitten off more than i can chew on this one but gonna give it a go anyhow. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bradford to sheffield off road suggestions please.’ is closed to new replies.