Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bracknell – fence line trail?
  • 5lab

Years ago (late 90s) I used to ride with BOB in the woods to the south of Bracknell. A lot of the trails we used to ride are linked together into what is now the trail centre there, but a few times I think we used to ride slightly further afield. There was one loop that I think touched on a trail called fenceline – that (this is from memory) ran alongside a fence (which was on the left) that I think was on the boundry of a military installation/barracks.

Does it still exist? can anyone point me to a way to find the trail or better still a loop incorporating it (names for strava perhaps)? Heading up there at the weekend and want to extend the riding beyond a couple of laps of the blue/red 🙂

Thanks in advance 🙂

benpinnick

Not heard the name but theres a few ‘fenceline’ trails around the outside of Sandhurst acedemy. Maybe one that started at Sandhurst end and came out near the Seagull trail / Green gate?

jamsie
    Free Member

I think you might mean the army firing rangers south of the M3. There is a fence that runs parallel to maultway B3015 and goes towards pirbright and cuts around the back of the blackdown army camp. It has 3 big dips at the far end.
    the maultway

theotherjonv

I used to ride with BOB. The one described above is the maultway. The fenceline itself is deeper inside the woods on ‘Porridge Pot’; starts broadly here

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=491542&y=157922&z=115&sv=491542,157922&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=625&ax=491542&ay=157922&lm=0

There’s tonnes on that area but is is military land so avoid training soldiers, be polite, etc.

Jason
    Free Member

Jonv has the Fenceline Trail spot on. Years ago that was pretty much the only trail on Porridge Pot Hill. I don’t think I have ridden down it for ages, always seem to use it as a climb.

5lab

oops dp

5lab

Thanks all – sounds like the trail pixies have been at work on other stuff round there – is porridge pot a decent spot to hunt around in after doing the normal loops, or should we head elsewhere?

skaifan
    Free Member

Its a decent area. Compact but decent. Similar to Swinley but without the arrows. Easily links up to Tunnel Hill on the other side of the basingstoke canal. Plenty of riding over there. Can be quite sensitive. 95% of the time, you will be fine but on the odd occasion, the army seem to attempt a clamp down. If youre told to leave by a soldier, be polite and do as requested. Usually they just tell you which part of the forest they are operating in and which bit is clear.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bracknell – fence line trail?’ is closed to new replies.