Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Brace of new bikes. Sonder Camino Al content.
  • mattbee

Built mine & wife’s new Sonder Camino Al yesterday eve & took them out for a 25 mile mixed surface spin around Bovington/Corfe Mullen/Wareham this morning.
    Both weigh in between 10 & 11 kg with mine slightly lighter due to the wheels more than anything else.
    Schwalbe G1s in 40mm at 60psi, roll really well in the road and were great on hard pack. Slid around a bit in the sandier stuff near Bovington but most stuff would.
    Bikes seems nice and stable both on and off road, climbed well. Looking forward to getting some more miles on them.

belugabob
    Free Member

Nice!

siwhite
    Free Member

Marvellous bikes – I have Ti frame number 49. Don’t be afraid to drop your tyre pressures a bit more – I have 40c Clement Xplors and tend to run at 40 psi off road and 50 psi on road. Still rolls very well and makes it even more comfy…

cinnamon_girl

Those look good. There’s no thru-axles on them is there? Been checking the website and there’s no mention.

jonnyboi

Lovely bikes, the wonder is my main cause of N+1 itch at the moment.

As above you can go lower pressure on the G One. It’s a great tyre for tubeless set up too.

mattbee

QR front & rear.
    Dropped the pressures to circa 50 today for a spin round Wareham forest. Much more comfortable on the gravel/hardpack trips and not much slower on the road.
    I’ve fitted tubeless tape to both sets of wheels, just thought I would give it chance to bed in nicely with tubes & then go tubeless soon.
    Really pleased with the ride, feels stable and confident off road but not as sluggish on road as I’d expected.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks matt, have fun!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Brace of new bikes. Sonder Camino Al content.’ is closed to new replies.