Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • BPW vs Black Mountains.
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Looking at going to one of these tomorrow, haven’t ridden at either yet. Much difference? Which one has a more natural feel to the trails?

Also, the uplift will likely be fully booked so which has a better push up? Preferably even a nice fire road I could ride up.

Cheers!

ready

I asked a similar question last year and the best reply I had was BPW is more XC, BMCC is more DH orientated. BPW has more runs. Both are excellent fun tho, you’ll have a great day whichever you choose. Not sure if BMCC is open during the week yet tho..?
    Don’t know about push/ride up either – always uplifted

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Looks as though its open every day apart from Monday and Thursday!

Cheers.

Anyone else?

welshfarmer

Riding up at the BMCC would be hard work. However, the altitude difference is less than BPW so has that in its favour
    If at all wet then BPW would be my choice anyway as it is better armoured. BMCC is ace if you like to go big mind

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Well I’m riding a Smuggler (29er) so won’t be going massively big.

It looks like my options are uplift or push up at BMCC
    OR push up/ride up for the day at BPW.

Weather looks to be cloudy.

welshfarmer

Dryish today and tomorrow morning looks OK. BMCC is about 3 miles away. If there is space on the uplift then I would recommend it. If not, then you will have more options at BPW

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Cool. I’ll try BMCC first then. There was space an hour ago so hopefully there will still be tomorrow.

Cheers

thepodge
    Free Member

Would it be silly to do BMCC on Friday and BPW on Saturday?

After the last trip to BPW my body felt a bit abused so thinking if BMCC is as good / bad then maybe I’ll not particularly enjoy BPW

bombjack
    Free Member

BMCC is nothing like BPW, and neither are particularly natural.
    BMCC is awesome – in a massive kicker infested, berm ridden BMX track kind of way. The uplift is an old school tractor / trailer job, the trails are fast, jumpy and some of the gaps are HUUUUUUUUUGE.
    BPW is a trail centre for all standards with nice toilets, a shop and a café. BMCC has (or at least had last time I was there) a single portaloo.
    Horses for courses and all that..

thepodge
    Free Member

Just watched the BMCC vids and it al looks a bit full face for me.

chakaping
    Free Member

Forest of dean might be more up your street podge, that’s good on a trail bike.

thepodge
    Free Member

That has also been suggested but again not sure my body could cope with 2 uplift days back to back.

The guys suggesting riding on Friday haven’t done BPW before and I think they might be under estimating what a bunch of big girls blouses we are. After 8 full runs last time we gave up due to arm pump.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Well I had a cracker of a day at BMCC today. Got about 12 or 13 runs in?! No arm pump, just high on the rush you get out of riding there!! All the jumps flow so nicely together. Its a very low key place and there isn’t really any centre or base, just a field. The trails make up for it though IMO!

Just do the two days back to back, you’ll recover and be stronger in the long run 😉 😉 .

volatilemike
    Free Member

I prefer black mountains if uplifting, love riding there!

BPW if pedalling up.

therag
    Free Member

A Lot of the the trails at both were built by the same guy, one low key & no facilities and the other very commercial. Both similar price uplift, Try them both.

Went to BPW for the 3rd time last Saturday and it just keeps getting better and better – all the trails have had new features added. Hotstepper into Terry’s Belly is just fantastic – techy, woodsy section with drops and then berm, after berm, after berm, which flow fantastically well

Oh and it snowed FFS

thepodge
    Free Member

Decided on Cwmcarn loops (weather permitting) then BPW the next day

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘BPW vs Black Mountains.’ is closed to new replies.