Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • BPW – how hard….
  • …are the blacks?

More specifically, the toughest black (Enter The Dragon????), how big are the drops?

About 20 of us going in Feb and one has ridden there before, but reckons we should stick to the Blues, as the drops on ETD are 5/6ft – they certainly don’t look that big to me on the vids, but video can be deceptive.

FTR some of us have ridden Fort William Red & Black – anything tougher than that?

davosaurusrex

Haven’t got much to compare it to but I thought dai hard was more technical than enter the dragon. Drops on enter the dragon didn’t feel bigger than 3 feet. Think some of the blacks lower down are supposed to be much more tech.

I’d have said 3ft too, from the vids – a few of us will certainly be trying them, but just need to convince the rest of the pussies group 😉

Karl33to
    Free Member

Dai hard seemed the harder of the two to me as well. I don’t think there’s anything you can’t roll on either of them though (not completely sure about the 3ft wall on ETD though)

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The 2 stepdowns into the woods are bigger than that.

Plus you need to carry some good distance (20-25ft at a guess) to hit the lander.

They arn’t really built to ‘drop’ off. If you clear the big tables on the way in, you will have the speed to hit the gaps.

The jump line lower down is pretty big too.

wolfrider
    Free Member

I can only remember one drop on etd that couldnt be avoided and there was a couple of big gap jumps.i thought it was harder than dai hard tho. I enjoyed the reds the most.

chvck
    Free Member

I thought that dai hard was harder but more fun, granted we rode both in pissing wet. On enter the dragon there was nothing I can remember that couldn’t be rolled/popped off, a couple of the doubles are big enough to treat the take off as a drop and land in the middle mind… There’s also a good sized gap on dai hard that you’d either want to fully commit to or not all (can roll it). If you’ve ridden fort bill black then there’s nothing that you should worry you IMO.

I_Ache
    Free Member

What are the black’s like compared to the black and double black at Antur Stiniog? BPW looks smoother but more jumpy than Antur, is that about right?

superfli
    Free Member

The Half cut line is harder than both Dai Hard and ETD IMO. Unless you are attempting to clear the gaps. To roll Half Cut is harder to roll than any other line. However, its not that tough, even in wet, just pick your line and commit. I’ve not ridden Fort Bill or anythnig up north to compare to though.
    I would compare DH/ETD to CwmCarn DH I suppose.

Half Cut looks a bit poopy – and will probably be horrible in the wet

toys19
    Free Member

I rode all the blacks on my covert and I am lame.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BPW – how hard….’ is closed to new replies.