Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bouncing cheques
  • dropoff

Ok so we’ve been given another rubber cheque for work that has been done 🙁 it’s not for a large amount so the chance of collecting it through the courts is minimal. However any humerous suggestions (legal please) for a bit of retribution would be appreciated.

AdamW
    Free Member

Come on!

Wee in their shoes!
    Own them with bombers!

Sheesh, what has STW come to? 😆

thehustler
    Free Member

not quite so legal but visit bouncers premesis in the middle of the night, turnoff water supply at the outside stop cock, then fill hole with quick drying cement

dropoff

Hustler ,like that one. 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Tell them it’s bounced and ask them for an alternative payment.

dropoff

SBZ, yes already tried that, been round twice to pick up the cash they offered but no one home. shock. These people have work done with no intention of paying.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Small claims court? dunno if its possible but as you have a bounced cheque you have all the evidence you need surely?

would need some real legal advice tho

iainc

sign them up for some dodgy internet sites/purchases using their bank info from the cheque ?

geoffj

Big old sheet banner like you see for folks 40th birthday etc, on roundabout / bridge / railings near their home saying Mr xxxxx bounces cheques. Add a few balloons etc. For full effect.

Flaperon

What work did you do? If it’s a porch or something you could just turn up and collect your property.

Pook

Confront them in the supermarket like i did the other day, demand that they get the money out of the cash machine round the front, and then get even more pissed off when he can’t actually take out any money as they don’t have a cash card, only cash.
    Then get his contact details, his solititors contact details, and take it up with them

woody2000

Wipe your bum with it, then post it back? 😈

BigJohn

If they have a TV aerial cable running down the outside of the house, then pushing a small nail in, shorting the earth and signal will give them a problem they’ll never get to the bottom of.

Unless you offer to sort it for them.

flatfish
    Free Member

Liking the stop cock idea.

I’m a locksmith and when told there should be enough money in the account blah blah blah, I usually respond with “if it bounces i’ll come back and glue your locks up” only had two bounce and when i called up to tell them, both cheques were re-issued the next day.

woffle
    Free Member

just order them a grand procession of taxis, pizzas, call girls etc

ScottChegg
    Free Member

A pal of mine was a carpenter and he made a external rear door for a couple. They refused to pay for various rubbish reasons. It turns out a few tradesmen had had the same issue with them.

He went back in the night and reclaimed his property. They then had the nerve to say it’d been stolen, would he make them another…

z1ppy

geoffj – Member
    Big old sheet banner like you see for folks 40th birthday etc, on roundabout / bridge / railings near their home saying Mr xxxxx bounces cheques. Add a few balloons etc. For full effect.

Well heard a woman did this @ the local VW showroom, as she was unhappy with their treatment of her. They couldn’t stop here protesting in a peaceful manner, on the public pavement, so they had to deal with her in the end. Have you got an afternoon or two free?

gnusmas

re-issue the cheque at the end of the month (quite a lot of people get paid monthly) it might go through without any problems. it worked for a mate of mine a couple of times

alternatively, get drunk and piss on their flowers 8)

iDave
    Free Member

this stuff – so many options… drainpipes, exhausts, nostrils…

dropoff

Some amusing ideas so far. Think we’ll have to get our tame solicitor to drop him a line first, after that well the fun can start 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bouncing cheques’ is closed to new replies.