Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bounced cheque validity.
  • toys19
    Free Member

Ok I foolishly bounced a cheque, for that I am sorry just bad timing. The recipient is now asking for electronic transfer, but I have history with the recipient and they have diddled me numerous times (I used to have a dd to pay them but they overcharged me on the dd many times causing me to go overdrawn, this is my final payment to them) . As far as I am aware the cheque is still valid to be represented, my bank told me this today. So I am refusing to make electronic transfer until they return the cheque, they say they cannot (largish company). Where do I stand. I now have mucho funds in my account and I am worried that they will recash the cheque once I make electronic payment.

BoardinBob

Cancel the cheque at the bank?

Northwind

Stop the cheque, if they won’t represent it. Your bank will have bounced it RDRP- return to drawer, represent- and the company should know what to do with it but if they don’t probably no amount of knowing they’re wrong will help, so, just get it stopped before you do another thing.

toys19
    Free Member

If I stop it it is at my cost.

Northwind

Your bank charges you to stop a cheque? Unusual that.

toys19
    Free Member

Your bank charges you to stop a cheque? Unusual that.

Really? I assumed they would charge. ..
    Hmm will look into this.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I would be telling them that until they sent me the cheque back they would be getting no additional payment.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Tell them they have a method for valid payment and should just cash the cheque?

totalshell

spot on sbz, you ve offered payment it is now valid so tell em to stick it back if they havent got it which is probably closer to the truth thats there tuff luck

toys19
    Free Member

£10 charge. I’m doing it anyway.

EDIt. hmmm maybe not..

I agree with SBZ and biky kirk. Whislt I feel bad that I have bounced it, I am good for it but I just don’t trust these guys.

STW you have cheered me right up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bounced cheque validity.’ is closed to new replies.