• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DPM.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Boulder Colorado
  • DrT
    Free Member

Im going to a conference in Boulder in April and should be able to squeeze in a day or two riding. Can anyone give any recommendations on ‘must do’ trails and places for bike hire.

busydog
    Free Member

DrT
    Just sent you an email to your profile email address. My stepson lives up in Ft. Collins, CO (just north of Boulder) and is a mountain biker. Don’t know if he can help, but he might either know some trails or a bike shop where you can rent a bike.

metalheart
    Free Member

Boulder has a heap of bike shops.

The one I liked best (just from a wandering about in point of view) was Full Cycle which has 2 shops: one on the main (Pearl) street and the other on the Hill. You can get an Trance X2 or an Anthem 29er for $50/day or a Mojo/HD for $75.

They did recommend some trails to my mate but I was jet lagged and waiting for my bike to arrive… All I can remember was that it was actually out of Boulder up the hill a bit…

Have fun, Boulder is a great place.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

I live in Boulder.

Shoot me an email and I can maybe even show you around.

metalheart
    Free Member

I was also going to say put a post up on MTBR Colorado – Front Range forum and you’d be sure to get a couple of replies but Chris ^^^ probably made this post superfluous…

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

@Kitz_Chris – What time of year generally does the riding season start over there? I’d imagine theres a fair bit of snow for a while… I recently moved to western KS and am really missing riding my mtb as we don’t really have the terrain for it here much like eastern CO… The road bike is getting more use than it ever used to in Scotland. I actually rode into CO today for a quick spin (ah, 85deg F… Lovely) 8)

DrT
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Emails sent to Chris & Jon.

Cheers.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

@skidsareforkids – The snow has almost completely melted from the front range now. We’re at 5300 ft, the snow is still covering everything above about 8000 ft. There are normally a few big spring storms, but the snow melts a day or two after those.

The high mountains don’t really open up until late May, and the really high stuff (read: really fun stuff) is normally a late summer/autumn endeavour.

If you’re thinking of driving somewhere to ride early season, Pueblo CO has amazing singletrack and its dry almost all year round. Also, if you end up in Boulder, give me an email.

samuri
    Free Member

The road bike is getting more use than it ever used to in Scotland. I actually rode into CO today for a quick spin (ah, 85deg F… Lovely)

I remember thinking when we drove from Denver to Boulder one day about how nice the roads looked for road riding on. Dirty great massive 4 foot wide cycle lanes, lots of (small) hills.

The Mork and Mindy intro is full of crap though. The roads that Mindy is driving along look nothing like the roads around Boulder that we saw. We had to get a lot higher up to see those sorts.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Argh Boulder .. the place I would LOVE to emigrate too. There are the Marshall Mesa trail, is that the local one? that was quite good and fun for a days riding. Fort Collins a bit further away for only 2 days. If you had more time I’d said head up to Winter PArk for a few days of fun and games… argh jealous now… Oh and as for Crested Butte (but that is about 5-6 hour drive away) Right getting carried away now

University Cycles in town…mm the Rapha clothing and Timbuk 2 bags they had in there …..

tonyd

+1 University Cycles, good bunch and great rental bikes. I’ve not MTB’d there (yet) but have done a few road rides – prepare to be breathless!

I rented an S-Works Roubaix from University Cycles one weekend and rode up lefthand canyon to Ward, wasn’t a particularly long ride but man did it hurt! A combination of a very long climb, a lot less oxygen than I was used to, and the most uncomfortable (race) saddle my arse has ever had the misfortune to meet had me crying by the time I got to Ward.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Mr MC just reminded me as well Nederland has some wicked singletrack too and you can get the bus from Boulder with a whacking grea big bike rack on the front!

DPM

Post hijack alert…..

I’m in Golden, Co. for the week next week, & have a spare day on Sunday. I don’t have a bike with me 🙁 but wondered if there are any hiking trails near to Golden (I’ve not got car access) which would kill some time & get me some fresh air, or are there any decent bike shops worth a look around?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Boulder Colorado’ is closed to new replies.