Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • bought any music gear purchases recently?
  • racefaceec90

about 4 months ago i sold all my guitar stuff,and quit the guitar 🙁 (have been trying to learn how to play the thing on and off for 20+ years).

obviously i regretted the decision very soon after (and seeing roger waters at wembly,and manic street preachers at the coulston hall didn’t help matters.
    well last month i sold my tarmac sport (to the shop i bought it from)and they kindly ordered my new axe for me (no credit card unfortunately).

i now have one of these bad boys 😀 ((not my pics unfortunately,i sold my digi camera earlier in the year).

it’s bloomin awesome man 8)

last weekend i also managed to be able to afford a new amp (and effects pedal too)

it’s the vt 40+ version.

and finally this bad boy too 🙂

i cannot put into words,just how happy i am (my guitar playing is still rubbish though 😳 i won’t be buying anything else for a long time now (as i’m skint 😆 i just want to keep playing them (and i have even been trying to improvise a bit,which i suck at but am going to keep trying to do/improve.

have you bought any musical items recently,and if so how are you getting on with it?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

One of these lovely things (although as it’s my Christmas present, I’m not allowed to have it until Christmas 🙁 )

john_drummer
    Free Member

one of these:

and this:

not the Z Custom ride though, I already had that

phatstanley
    Free Member

my seven yr old is super into the ramones at the moment, among other bands.
    i play drums and guitar, but play lefty, so he’s not able to learn properly yet.
    he’s started on ukulele and he’ll be getting a nice starter gitter fer xmas.
    i thought 80 quid for anything with fender on it was pretty darned good:

jimster
    Free Member

Love that Faith guitar, almost bought one once when they first hit the country.

Really regret not getting it now. 😥

MartynS

I’m weighing up the possibility of getting something “custom” from warmoth (custom as in bits they have in stock!)
    Was left a bit of money and thought a guitar would be quite a nice thing to get (I do play, very badly!!)
    Not rushing the process though!
    What do you reckon to this body.
    Here

Better picture

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

jimster, I was considering one of the Mahogony Faith range, but just ended up liking the Naked too much!

john_drummer
    Free Member

looks like a Strat

derek_starship
    Free Member

Bough iRig Keys – midi controller for use with i devices. Excellent bit of kit for the £.

plumber
    Free Member

65 amps London and Ventura
    Divided by 13 cj11
    Strymon ob1, timeline and flint
    Custom shop 56 Strat

I’m poor but happy now 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Whoopsie 😳

schrickvr6
    Free Member

One of these 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Recent buy has been a POD HD 500 Loving it and am looking at a Stagesource next to save carrying the Boogie MkIV around.
    This is my desktop pic but my ‘go to’ guitar is a first series relic 59 Strat. I’ll get some pics up.

ads678

I bought a harmonica from Lidl the other week, fiver, bargain!! 😀

eddiebaby
    Free Member

We have a winner! 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

Last week, one of these

25 years since I gave up piano lessons, time to get going again.

CaptainSlow

ads678 – Member
    I bought a harmonica from Lidl the other week, fiver, bargain!!

POSTED 18 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I feel inadequate now 🙂

matthew_h
    Free Member

I bought one of these a couple of weeks back:

Great amp.

jimster
    Free Member

piedi di formaggio – Member

jimster, I was considering one of the Mahogony Faith range, but just ended up liking the Naked too much!

The shop where I tried it only had the Naked in stock, was there any difference in tone between the two?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yes, the Mahogany was a bit warmer, but still quite bright. The Naked not quite so ‘big’ on the low end if you know what I mean.

The Naked is an Electro Acoustic, the Mahogany is just plain old acoustic.

Both were great and although I like the look of the Mahogany now, I’m not sure I would in a few years time, whereas the Naked, I think I’ll still like. Obviously the Naked will pick up some colouration from playing it as my greasy pores come into contact with it.

I’d quite happily have any of the Faith guitars!

Here’s a good run through of the main models in the range

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3phvtR0soSE[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

This, a Terry Pack SJRS… It’s really rather lovely. 😀

brassneck

Cheapy mandolin for my birthday. Great fun.

30 years of guitar playing have not prepared me for how much hurt it could inflict with one F chord.

Lifer
    Free Member

wordnumb
    Free Member

Slightly off-topic, can anybody recommend a good place for selling music equipment? Sort of like the classifieds here but less bikey.
    I have a couple of drum kits and some guitar effects that, though much loved, probably aren’t going to get used properly again.

john_drummer
    Free Member

for drum gear, try http://www.drumclassifieds.co.uk

or you could take a risk on not getting either a sale or what you want pricewise, by putting them on a well known internet auction site… or on gumtree…

plumber
    Free Member

What guitar fx do you want rid of. I might want them

Plum

Email in profile

wordnumb
    Free Member

That could be useful J_D, thanks.

Trying to avoid Gumbay & Fleetree. Might even car boot, do people still go to car boot sales?

wordnumb
    Free Member

Plumber, off the top of me head:
    Zvex Seek Wah.
    Electro Harmonix Micro Synth. (Wooden boxed)
    Digitech Jam Man. (+ extra control pedal)
    Boss DD10. (no box)
    Bug Crusher (Bit crushing ring modulator, complete with seperate control pedal) (one of these)
    Electro Harmonix Wiggler. (Wooden boxed)

Bristol area.

trailmonkey

schrickvr6 that looks great fun. i’d certainly be in the market for one of those if i had the money

nbt

Treated myself to an electronic kit so I can practice at home – one that has a proper Kick pad so I ca use a my double bass pedal, and that has an aux in so I can play along to the songs I’m supposed to be learning

plumber
    Free Member

Electro Harmonix Micro Synth. (Wooden boxed)
    Digitech Jam Man. (+ extra control pedal)

How much for the micro synth?
    ~Which Jam man is it please?

chiefgrooveguru

Don’t talk about FX pedals, I’m a barely reformed addict! And I’m meant to be selling musical gear, not buying it – like these things:

chipps

Hmm… I have recently bought a Gibson Les Paul Studio, a second TC Electronic Ditto looper (which means I now have five or something different loop pedals now…) and I appear to have ordered a Fender Thinline Cabronita too.

Anyone want to sell me an E-Bow2? Not that I’m hooked on buying new gadgets or anything…

grievoustim
    Free Member

Those thinline cabronitas look lush – cant stop stopping and drooling at the 2 in the LGS window

trevron73
    Free Member

this is my recent adjustment (not purchase just moved it 6000 miles)studio

chipps

Link didn’t work Trevron!

And, not content to get just a ‘normal’ Cabronita. I have a rosewood fingerboard one in the works.

lodious
    Free Member

This years spunkage….

Collings 290…

2J8A0384.jpg by Lodious, on Flickr

Two Rock SP22

2J8A0388.jpg by Lodious, on Flickr

emsz
    Free Member

Does a pack of strings count?

Bikebouy, that Terry Pack is lovely

lodious
    Free Member

TheFlyingOx

Not quite where the rest of the thread has been heading, but…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘bought any music gear purchases recently?’ is closed to new replies.