Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can you identify this bottom bracket
  • specialspecimen
    Free Member

Does anyone know what kind of bottom bracket this is? (From an old Saracen Amplitude jump bike)

Been searching for bloody ages..

Cheers

wiggles
    Free Member

Pictures not working for me

wiggles
    Free Member

It looks like bmx style, there are a few kinds but basically just 2 bearing pressed into the frame and that spindle is part of the crank rather than the bb.

There are different spindle sizes too, so you need to measure the frame and the spindle of the cranks you want to use to make sure you get the right size

pictonroad

BMX style sealed cartridge BB?

Klunk
    Free Member

don’t know but I’ve lightened it up a bit might help someone

pictonroad

Googling amplitude BB brings up the same link every time 8 spline sealed bearing.

I presume this is wrong as you’ve been searching for a long time? It looks like a standard BMX style BB. 😐

orangeboy
    Free Member

Have a look on the Ison website or custom riders winstanlies if you want to mail order one.

That axle looks a little odd as it has the two raised bits in the middle rather than plain axle like most bmx bits

specialspecimen
    Free Member

Many thanks to those who have responded, apologies its taken so long to get back to this.

So the reason I’m having trouble is the remnants of the old bb were bashed out by my lbs, and whether it was there before or not I don’t know, but the frame is now threaded.

It sounds like this means I’d need a euro bb to fit the frame..? But not sure I’d this would work with the current spindle which measure 150mm in length (which seems to be longer than anything else I can find..)?
    The frame length is about 66mm and the width about 38mm.

photo sharing websites

paton
    Free Member

Ask Tarty bikes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can you identify this bottom bracket’ is closed to new replies.